The Barrier to My Success...

Options
So I was feeling vulnerable and was about to create a thread about how my biggest obsticle to sustainable weight loss seems to be my inabilty to let down my guard and trust people....and then the first two threads I see are about how black men prefer "thick women" and white men prefer "skinny women" followed by an "anorexic beauty" intro thread. I give up! Most people suck and I am safer behind my wall. Sigh.

Please prove me wrong. Are there decent people out there?

Replies

• Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    There are, but anonymous internet forums have a tendancy to let the creeps & *kitten* out of the woodwork.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's ok to have your guard up. Let people earn your trust. (Hey, it's the internet! Bunch of whack-a-moles on here!) At the same time, you can still work towards a healthier lifestyle. :) Good luck on the journey.

My obstacle is I don't have patience. I get easily discouraged if I don't see the results I was expecting in the time I was expecting them. :-/
  • dreamypone
    Options
    Unfortunately that is the internet in a nut shell, it is hard to find the right groups. I think that people should be able to be happy with their body size and not have to conform to other people's ideals, but that isn't the way the world works. No matter what someone will have something to gripe about. I think as long as you are happy and healthy you are doing better than most.

My biggest obstacle is my eating disorder that I have had since I was 9. I have a tendency to binge on high sugar, high salt, and high carb snacks when I am upset but I am working on it. It has been 2 months since my last binge. I also find it easy to under eat by a large amount. It is hard for me to eat the right amount, if I am trying to be healthy I drastically under eat but if I don't watch myself I will binge. I hate going to the gym too, never get motivated, but I have started doing things in my apartment, like sit ups, exercise ball work, resistance bands etc.