Polar FT4 issue...maybe

Options
I just recently got my first HRM and boy what an opener. I have noticed, at times during my workouts, the screen on the watch part will flash back to the clock then back to the HRM readout. Is this normal or is it something I could be doing? Sorry if this has been asked previously, I did search..I promise ♥

Replies

• OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine does not do that. Are you sure you are not bumping it during the workout? If not, then you might have a problem:(
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    mine doesn't do it either. May check with the company.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mine does that sometimes. I don't think its an issue.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Mine does that only when I bump it.. I still don't know for the life of me what button or combination of buttons I pressed to make that happen but it does. If it's something that is continuous, e.g. 5 times in a minute while on HR screen, I would call Polar.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's a feature. If you hold your watch up to the receiver thing on your chest, it'll show you the time.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I hate the Polar FT4 it's always telling me I am dead in the middle of a workout.
  • tjcnc
    tjcnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes when hold near chest it will show the time. If this is not the case my try to make sure not too close to someone else with a device this effects it sometimes. You may notice sometime if working on a Life Fitness machine your readings will show on the both machines.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's a feature. If you hold your watch up to the receiver thing on your chest, it'll show you the time.

Ahh, thank you :) I am sure that is my issue then because I sometimes pull my arm up to my chest to check my HR.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I havent had that problem with mine. However at times it will say check heart rate monitor and that makes me crazy. So now i just have to check it now and then. I love mine otherwise.