Gym offering Insanity classes

Options
merflan
merflan Posts: 216 Member
My gym has just announced they are offering official Beachbody Insanity classes. Has anyone ever done the classes? I'm curious as to what it will be like. I haven't bought the videos because I have a bad hip and usually stick to the Cardio BOB boxing classes.

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't do Insanity if you have a bad hip. It will make it worse.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i agree, insanity is tough workout. Stay clear if you have a bad hip.
  • TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Speak to a doctor and let the doctor tell you, you shouldn't do insanity because of your bad hip.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if you have a bad hip at home you'll probably have a bad hip in a class at your gym.

there are literally 100's of exercise routines you can do other than Insanity. find something suitable for your body that you can do for the long term. 60 days of Insanity is not worth injury/pain risk.
  • Zombies143
    Options
    My brother is doing Insanity right now. It's a really tough workout. But you're supposed to do the workouts at your own pace, so as long as you don't push yourself too hard, you should be fine.
    Just to be safe, ask your doctor first.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My brother is doing Insanity right now. It's a really tough workout. But you're supposed to do the workouts at your own pace, so as long as you don't push yourself too hard, you should be fine.
    Just to be safe, ask your doctor first.

No. Just no. OP has a bad hip, you cannot do 90% of the exercise with a bad hip. Sure, physically, you might be able to get through it, until your hip get worse... You can modify all the exercises to be something they are not, but why go with Insanity then? It is no longer Insanity when you modify everything. Why not look for a workout that works and will not put so much pressure on your hips...

OP: I think boxing or martial arts are great, as long as there is not too much jumping and crazy kicks involved. I work up a great sweat punching with mixed martial arts!!