How much weight did you lose before seeing the results?

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
For those of you that lost close to 100 lbs or more, when did you really start to see results in the mirror, on the scale or in your clothing? How much weight did you lose? What kept you going and what worked for you? Also, did resistance training make a big difference with fat loss or did more cardio?

I'm restarted this journey of mine last month after quitting for a while. I have a ways to go and previously lost 40 lbs. The scale stopped moving so I basically gave up. I'm doing 30Day Shred and I'm on Day 2 of Level 2. The scale isn't budging though, not even a half pound. I stay under my calories, drink water and get my workouts in but no luck. I'm going to stick with it though in hopes that this weight will start to go away.

Need some motivation here.

Replies

• tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't know why your scales aren't moving but I was told when mine stopped before that I was probably turning fat into muscles....maybe...???

Also, even when I stopped seeing the difference on the scales, I saw it on my clothes...

Don't give up.....!
    :noway:
  • niqua215
    Options
    Bump
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Took me like 40-50lbs before i started to see it myself.
  • ISABELBEARD
    Options
    you sound like your toning now ..meaning muscles tone that's good sometimes the body needs to be tricked try having a day you eat more than usual a treat day ... your doing well don't give up ...
  • Roseannawrapsitup
    Options
    I added It Works body wraps to my regimen I saw immediate results
  • ISABELBEARD
    Options
    that's a terrific weight loss congratulations
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    60 pds ! I had lost 138pds total
  • three40one
    three40one Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    honestly i really didn't notice anything by looking in a mirror alone. even with the scale moving towards loss i still could not "see" it but i did notice it in ridiculous things like being able to cross my legs more comfortably or scratching my back.

please don't torture yourself with scale alone. take measurements it's tough to argue with a loss of 5 inches from your chest, 8 inches from your waist, and 7 inches from your hips, etc.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I noticed myself after 15lbs, others started to notice right at about 30lbs.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Probably the 50 pound mark before I needed smaller clothes. Then I knew all the exercising was paying off.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    15-20
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree. This month is the first time that I can say that I have "seen" change. I noticed clothes fitting differently and being able to tie my shoes easier weeks ago. But as far as looking in a mirror, I didn't see it.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question. I wonder myself when I am going to see results. I had lost some weight prior to joining this site I have been losing little by little since last November, yet I don't see any loss at all. But, my clothes fit differently and it feels different when I sit at my desk, the chair is looser lol. Oh and oddly my shoes fit different so something about the way I am eating has stopped my feet from being swollen all the time. I really do wish I could see the loss in the mirror, but I have resigned myself to the fact that it might take a loss of 40 or more pounds for that to happen.
  • zlxoxo
    zlxoxo Posts: 7
    Options
    I personally never noticed the loss in the mirror and still don't. The only thing that has changed for me is my clothing size, going from an XXL to a small in 6 months got rather pricey!
  • Jhingz
    Jhingz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    30+ lbs
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    20lbs is where I noticed it(a little), preety much ither people noticed the same time
  • niqua215
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I think I'm going to start researching weight lifting. Maybe this is what I need to start shedding some of this fat.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Muscle burns more calories than fat. I'm definitely more muscly than I've even been in my life. Sometimes in the shower I wonder who's body is this?
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It didn't really happen for me till I'd lost about 100 lbs and was down to 275 That's still pretty big but it was at about that time that people started noticing, so that's when I started noticing that all the stuff I was doing was having an effect. Since then it's just sort of kept chuggin' along!
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It depends I mean Im 20lbs away from my ideal weight and Ive lost 14lbs. I noticed it at 14lbs for sure. Always do weights and cardio to get an all round effect the cardio will shrink you and the weights will define whats underneath you wont see it till you shrink but its there plus weights kill more calories after wards. Try get an additional 30 minutes on top of your workout for an extra boost, no point doing more weights if anything keep doing what your doing but up the weights that you are using, on JM I lost my first 14lbs I started with 3kg and uped them to 5kg on a second round hunni you wont see the effects unless you burn off the fat. Good luck I hope this helps xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!