BODY BUG OR POLAR FT60?!??? HELP

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
GETTING READY TO BUY WAS GOING TO BUY THE POLAR AND MY COWORKER SAID HE HEARD BODY BUG WAS BETTER ANYONE KNOW? PLEASE HELP ME

Replies

• Okay, I have the GoWearFit by Bodymedia which is the personal version of the body bug and it is AMAZING.
    AMAZING.
    It's caloric measurements are in line with oxygen testing, which is the gold standard. It tracks sleep, calories burned, steps, intensity of activity and sleep efficiency across a daily time line. The online application (you need a subscription to access, but it's totally worth it) lets you input your daily caloric intake and it tracks your calorie balance for you. You can print out a report (or export it) that shows your progress on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis.
    It's simply fantastic. If you love gadgets, crave accuracy and like being able to really see what you are doing during the day, I highly recommend the GoWearFit. (they're changing the name, if i'm right, but the bodybugg is the more expensive one and it's sort of built to work with 24HourFitness gyms. if you don't have access to a 24HourFitness gym, the bodybugg is just an extra cost you don't need. You need the GoWearFit)
  • PrincessChubbyBunny
    PrincessChubbyBunny Posts: 4 Member
    I'm going to rock the apple cart. I just got the Adidas Micoach system and i love it. I have a polar...and its good...but the Micoach is AMAZING.
  • soniaahlu
    soniaahlu Posts: 6
    i LOVE my body bugg! i would recommend it to anyone. you can see how many calories you are burning throughout the day. I always wear mine and know which activities burn the most calories for me. if you use the online program you input your food and can see your calorie balance daily. its basic calories in verses calories out, but totally works!
    its pricey..right now its about $180 at 24 hour fitness but mine was worth it and i use it all the time. when i got mine, the display watch was free. the watch is good too because you can see your calories instantly (instead of waiting until you upload your bugg on your comp).
    let me know if you have questions! (ive had mine for about 8 mons and work at 24 so i know all about the bb hah)
    good luck.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Personally, I went with the FT60.

You can read my full review here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/92767-polar-ft60-hrm-review

I considered both units as well.

In the end, I couldn't see myself wearing the Bodybugg all the time. And since a big part of my routine is swimming, the FT60 was a no brainer, as it works great in the pool, whereas the Bodybugg is not water resistant.

I've found that the calorie estimates for the exercises on MFP are way off (sometimes high, sometimes low) and the FT60 lets me know exactly how many calories I'm burning during my exercise sessions.
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    & to add more ideas, I just got the garmin FR60 with foot pod and HRM - it is amazing! So easy, tracks different activities such as bikes, running, general cardio and is water resistant to 50m, It has free Garmin training centre analysis and was reasonably priced. Tells me how many calories, gives me a virtual training partner and alerts when my heart rate goes below or exceeds a rate I define (such as outside zone 3) etc. etc.
    You can probably tell, I am totally in love with mine!! :heart:
This discussion has been closed.