My brand new undies don't fit anymore....

Options
....and I'm thrilled.

I've just hit the ten pounds lost mark! I have never in my life successfully been able to lose weight until I joined My Fitness Pal so this is a big deal for me. I'm already feeling better about myself and even at just five pounds lost, people at work were starting to comment!

I'm going to wait until I reach my goal weight of 120 to get some new undies that fit, but you can bet when that happens I'm going on a mad shopping spree!

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It is a wonderful feeling, I agree!
    When blue jeans (that were too tight) are now too loose and you keep having to hitch them up--that is what I'm going through. You and I (and so many other people) have that wonderful proof.
    Congratulations on your weight loss and I hope you keep up the success story. Have fun doing it! ;)
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    that is toooootally awesome :D

as far as not shopping for new clothes now. you can try to shrink them a little maybe that will help a little until you go out and shop for new ones :) when you hit your goal weight <3

congrats on your success so far <3 keep it up and keep it moving
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is a fabulous outcome - I am looking forward to baggy underpants! :-)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    LOL.
  • Cortkneeeeeee
    Options
    Wow congrats girl!! I love that feeling! I bought a pair of jeans in January and immediatly labled them as my "tight pants" and now after losing 24 pounds so far they are actually loose on me and baggy in the butt area, and NOT many jeans of mine get baggy in tht area haha But yes its a quite rewarding feeling. Great job, keep it up :)
  • ClareRce
    ClareRce Posts: 79
    Options
    Just brilliant news! It's so exciting isn't it when those first few pounds come off. I've just gone through the same thing and I'm totally stoked and want to exercise more and more to get even slimmer. Great stuff and keep it up!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    Thats great!! I plan on going to on shooping spree when I reach my goal weight too. I have awhile as I still have about 70 lbs to loss but I have been putting money aside everyweek so that when I reach it I have a bunch of cash and wont feel guilty about spending it because I have been setting it aside specifically for that reason!
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The title of this post made me giggle:laugh: I love it! Keep up the good work!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! I plan on going to on shooping spree when I reach my goal weight too. I have awhile as I still have about 70 lbs to loss but I have been putting money aside everyweek so that when I reach it I have a bunch of cash and wont feel guilty about spending it because I have been setting it aside specifically for that reason!

What a great idea! Pay yourself to lose weight! Who needs Jenny Craig! :drinker:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You may be shopping for new bras and panties by the time you hit the 20lb mark. I think a trip to Victoria's Secret is a must! Congrats! Sing it: "pants on the ground....pants on the ground...." :laugh:
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I just hit the ten pound mark myself, and I had a similar experience a couple days ago; I went to put on a pair of undies that used to be snug, and they were baggy - it's a great feeling, way to go!
  • moserary
    moserary Posts: 38
    Options
    You guys are all so encouraging! Thanks so much for your support; I was going to say you have no idea how much it means, but I realize now that you DO know! Some great ideas like the money saving and the shrinking undies -- I will have to try that in the meantime. :) Go go gadget high heat setting on the dryer!

You guys are fabulous! Everyone keep up the great work!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congratulations! Don't go around in a skirt too much, or you run the risk of losing your panties altogether!

I put a pair of pants on for work tonight that were hardly buttonable just 5 weeks ago, and they are baggy around the butt and loose on my waist! Only 5 lbs lost, but I'm short, so those 5 lbs have made a huge difference. I'm 2 inches down on my waist!
  • moserary
    moserary Posts: 38
    Options
    Good for you! I'm short too so I know exactly what you mean - those five pounds (added or subtracted) make a huge difference. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to some extra bum room in my own jeans, haha :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!