Insatiable sweet cravings

Options
I know, another cravings question. But I need help! I have been going strong for three months, with really no cravings, so I haven't deprived myself. I generally don't even care for sweets. But in the last week I want to eat non-stop. At home I don't keep junk in the house, but I work for extended periods in an isolated camp with all food readily available, including unlimited cookies and such...I am letting myself give in and have some, but I've had a few bad days that I binge. Everything was going so well! What could be the cause of these insatiable cravings and how to curb them??

Replies

• joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at -20% TDEE? If you aren't you should start. If you are when was the last time you calculated it? I didn't know I was supposed to recalculate it every 5-10 pounds lost. You see for me I was doing perfect with my diet too until a week ago I binged out eating everything in site and lost weight after I had plateaued for two weeks. Here after recalculating my TDEE, I found I wasn't eating enough. Maybe you aren't eating enough any more?

I used this tool to calculate my TDEE:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/
  • tothemoonalex
    Options
    Thank you! I suspected this, I've been eating (trying to) eat 1200-1250 calories per day. A trainer said this is what I should eat to trim and tone. But the number I got after -20% is 1600. I have a hard time convincing myself that more calories will bring more results. I actually weighed 2 lbs less after a binge...So your comment makes sense to me.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It just happened to me too. Like last week.