Holy Moly@ I like guacamole?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I love guac as well....the big question though is has anyone found a good low calorie way of eating it? Chips and Guac are one of my favorite foods but tortilla chips are so unhealthy.

I have made chips out of mountain bread corn wraps which at 70 cals per slice, Cut them up and put them in the oven untill the crisp!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I <3 guacamole and I even make one at home whenever its harvest season for avocados here.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    its a growing up and body changing thing :), I use to hate swiss cheese now I am in love with it!! its just the certain things our body will crave for. :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Ok, I wanted to pass on a guac recipe someone gave me..... It's NOT a traditional quac, as it is rather thin.....

1/2 of an onion
    2 jalepenos
    5 tomatillos
    2 cloves of garlic
    2 TBS Lime juice
    S & P to taste
    1 Avocado ( personally I think 2 would make it better )

Put it all in a blender or processor and buzz til you get the desired consistency..... IMO it was pretty good, but NOT what I would call guacamole,, per se', but a whole lot less calories than traditional gauac. I was told that this is the house recipe for a taco shop.
    Thanks for sharing, will gonna make one of that. Actually the authentic taquerias use guacamole instead of cheese as a topping.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love homemade guacamole, I could eat it all on its own! Especially when it is nice and spicy. I have also started eating it with baby carrots instead of chips, it has that crunch that you get from the tortilla chips. I'd rather have chips but it is still tasty.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Onyy if it's made with Chunky avocados (not creamed to the consistency of snot) with lots of tomatoes, onions & cilantro!

This....plus I add jalapenos for some heat...delicious!
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    mmm, gua-ca-mo-le.... hmmm

I like putting avocado, onion, garlic, chilli, tomato, coriander (cilantro), salt, pepper, and lime juice all into a big bowl and mixing with a fork so that it's still chunky. Often eat alongside meat or chicken, or just have it with chips.

Mmmm, chips
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time at 28---it is awesome!
  • Shim2013
    Shim2013 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have never liked it! I know it is healthy so lately I have been buying them and mixing it in with my smoothie for breakfast.
  • shellyroseg
    shellyroseg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old, and never really liked guacamole. I even worked in a Mexican restaurant where people LOVED the guacamole, and I didn't really like it..... I never hated it, but definitely didn't like it. Since January of this year, I absolutely LOVE guacamole..... I have no idea how that happened at age 50.

Do you like it?

Right now, I am actually finding hard not to eat it..... I might be pregnant. :noway: :bigsmile:

My husband was always eating it and we went on a cruise last November and the beach we were at was serving fresh guacamole and thought I'd give it a try. I have been obsessed ever since. LOVE IT!!:smile: Like the idea of using carrots instead of chips.
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    I am 100% OBESESSED with the WHOLLY GUACAMOLE brand. It is the most DELISH I have ever had. Seriously, I am not lying. Look at my food diary. I had it with my lunch every work day last week...haha

OBSESSED I SAY....!!!!!!
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I mix avocado, tuna and lemon juice for a healthier tuna salad. Lots of yummy protein and good fats.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love avocado and guacamole! Sometimes I just spread fresh avocado on toast and top with a squeeze of lemon and some salt and it's a tasty tasty treat.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I eat an avocado everyday. I just cut it in half, take out the seed, salt it and spoon it out. YUMMY
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I eat an avocado everyday. I just cut it in half, take out the seed, salt it and spoon it out. YUMMY

I don't think I could eat them just like that, at least not very often.