Anyone here ever lost their weight more then once?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    first time : 250 pounds down to 210

second time: 220 ( I gained 10 pounds) down to 175

goal weight: 136 pounds
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds in 2002 with step aerobics and a low fat diet.
    Then I lost almost 30 pounds doing body for life in 2003.
    IIFYM has been the easiest plan yet! Less rules and I haven't worried about exercise either:)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    First time round: 400 lbs to 250 lbs

This time: 370 lbs to 241 lbs

My initial goal was to get back to 250 lbs and I've done that (and then some). I don't have a specific goal now... I'll know when I get there. :)
  • bjmarsh14
    bjmarsh14 Posts: 16
    Options
    I haven't lost a dramatic amount of weight but about 4 years ago I went from 155 to 135. 2 years later I gained the weight back and topped at 159 and am currently 138. Looking back.. I realize that my diet and drinking habits and lack of exercise played a huge part in my weight gain!
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yep! In 2011 I went from 205lbs to 165lbs in around 4 months. Between 2012 and 2013 I went from 194lbs to CW 169. GW is 137ish. You are right, you learn a lot from gaining weight back after losing. Its a feeling I never want to have again!
  • newhope1957
    Options
    Oh...yes! Several times. My biggest loss was from 280 down to 158 about 18 years ago. That lasted about 5 minutes! I think I am better off to try for a more attainable goal. I am now 271 and heading down to 180. That may still be too much for a 5 foot 7 inch female, but I think it is more attainable for me. If I feel I can lose more, I will. Everyone wish me luck! I sure need it!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    "Oh my goodness, SO MANY TIMES! I am the epitome of a yo-yoer: Always losing it fairly quickly and then gaining back far more than I took off"

This is also me. At 59+ years old I have lost track of how many times I lost weight, gained it back plus more. When I peaked at my all time high of 190# this past December I decided enough, I am not getting any younger and if I want to enjoy getting older I had better get it figured out. Then I discovered MFP. I lost 23 pounds fairly quickly and have plateaued as of this past couple weeks. I am increasing my calories a bit to try and break that cycle whereas in the past I have always just given up and resigned myself that it was not possible to lose any more. I wish I had just done it right the first time.....
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    every time I have gained it back, I've gained MORE (ugh)
    2006 270 down to 225
    now 275 down to 227
    goal...150 AND I WILL GET THERE
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    In 2009 my boyfriend at the time passed away so I went from 200 to 170. Then turned 21 so I gained it back then some. Then I revisited being bulimic when my parents got divorced. ( I used to be all through middle school and high school) so I dropped from 215 to about 190. Got over that again but the body does what it does so I gained all that back again...then some. Then I actually met the man of my dreams and got pretty comfortable until I saw some pictures of a vacation we took. So starting AGAIN at 238 this time I'm doing everything right...at least, healthier than the last two times.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My life is a history of gaining and losing since about age 35-40. Gain 10, lose 10. Gain 15, lose 10. Gain 10, lose 15. Gain 25, lose 15. Gain 30, lose 25 (this time).

I'd like to say I've learned my lesson and it won't happen again. But I've said that before. It all comes down to exercise for me. If I stick with exercising regularly, I will not gain. If not, I will. But it's tough with a full time job, home, aging parents, family demands, and all the other demands of life. I constantly struggle with making time for exercise. I constantly struggle not to fall back into the pattern.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is a path well traveled.

First time: 224 down to 178. I used exercising as a way to relieve stress and meditate instead of drowning myself in alcohol (The drowning part never worked so well, so I tried something new and it worked.).

I met my first wife and I got comfortable and felt bad for missing out on time with her due to my going to the gym. Then it just turned into a lack of ambition.

I got divorced which led to round 2.

228 down to 196. Again, I used this as a crutch to keep me from going back to a bottle.

I met my current wife and I continued to exercise for about a year, but I slowly gravitated away from it. I gained more comfort from the relationship than from the gym, so I focused on that. (I'm the emotional one of the relationship, kind of atypical but it works for us.).

Now I am on round 3.

This time I am doing this because I am tired of looking and feeling the way I do. I know that if I do not change now, and make this lifestyle permanent, I will wind up Diabetic (I was pre-diabetic) and lead a not so happy life. I'm no longer using this as a crutch or replacement to fill a void but to add to who I am and to ensure a better future.

Currently 240 down to 214.4
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!