Do you prefer to be ripped or be lean and cut?

Experiencing both sides for me I prefer to be lean and cut.
It's expensive to be ripped because you've got to eat a lot of food in order to maintain your muscle mass on top of lifting heavy.
Now that I'm in the ball park of being lean and cut I prefer that approach better because I've got more stamina endurance.
I'll take stamina endurance over tons of strength any day.
IMO.

Replies

• fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    i have no clue what youre talking about. what is cut and lean and what is ripped? if ripped to you is leaner than being cut, you dont have to eat more to be ripped, you have to eat less or increase cardio
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Ripped = Body Builder.

Lean & Cut = Athletically Toned.

Make sense now?
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    LOL.

Most male non-endurance athletes look like natural bodybuilders (when not cut for competition), because for the most part, they are.

And straight up, the calorie intake needed ot maintain large amounts of muscle mass is absolutely dwarfed by the calorie intake needed to maintain body weight in high mileage runner.

1 lb muscle = 5 calories/day
    1 mile = ~100 calories.

Do the math.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    These are still very subjective definitions. All I know is that I want to be leaner than I am right now.
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    I prefer to be ripped and cut, who wants to be lean? Or sometimes I'm in the mood to be lean and ripped. Or just cut. Depends on the day.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    I want to be lean and cut because I want to be extremely athletic and have lots of stamina endurance.
    Having too much muscle mass makes me slow and I don't like that.
    This is why I'm preferring to be lean instead of ripped.