Water weight!??

Options
Okay so I've been on the 30DS for 3 days now plus I've been doing an extra 10-30mins extra cardio everyday. I'm eating 1200-1300 calories a day. I jumped on the scales today and I was 500 grams heavier? I've been told that it is water weight.
I'm just wondering does water weight cause you to physically LOOK bigger? and feel bloated? :(

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ill say what almost everyone else wil tell you: you're not eating enough. Also: patience. It doesn't always happen overnight, you only just started 3 days ago and you're already panicking?? Good luck with that :P

Btw: you feeling bloated is water weight indeed! You can't look heavier after only 3 days!!
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Water weight shifts day to day and hour to hour. You can weigh in daily but only compare your weights on a month to month timeline.

If you're not losing weight in a month's time, you're not retaining water. You're retaining food ;)
  • JessicaHeathfield
    JessicaHeathfield Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lol! I'm a little impatient! I'm going to dump my calories up to 1500 and see how I go with that. I'm just glad to know It's more than likely water weight :)
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    Lol! I'm a little impatient! I'm going to dump my calories up to 1500 and see how I go with that. I'm just glad to know It's more than likely water weight :)

We all go through that! I used to be a daily weigher and got so frustrated to see a gain, even if I knew I had been eating right. I used to also eat 1,200 cals, lost 20+ lbs with that but then hit a plateau. My body couldn't lose anything on 1,200 anymore so I upped it to 1,500: immediate 2 lbs loss. Now I upped it even more, close to 2,000! :) keep it going, you can do this.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options

We all go through that! I used to be a daily weigher and got so frustrated to see a gain, even if I knew I had been eating right. I used to also eat 1,200 cals, lost 20+ lbs with that but then hit a plateau. My body couldn't lose anything on 1,200 anymore so I upped it to 1,500: immediate 2 lbs loss. Now I upped it even more, close to 2,000! :) keep it going, you can do this.

why do you need to increase your calories, i think this is my problem, not eating enough, but i dont understand how eating more will make you lose, and the starving your body thing i dont believe that is possible on 1200 cal if you are "obese"
  • xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been told that the more water I drink the less water I will retain. Have you tried drinking more water?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options

why do you need to increase your calories, i think this is my problem, not eating enough, but i dont understand how eating more will make you lose, and the starving your body thing i dont believe that is possible on 1200 cal if you are "obese"

I found this link to be very helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm

You gotta trust science ;) I went from 1,500ish to 2,200 just yesterday, so I am waiting to see the results from it but I trust science and logic here!
  • JessicaHeathfield
    Options
    I've drank on average 5 glasses of water a day. I've started to drink a heap more today though, see if it helps any :)
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    I've drank on average 5 glasses of water a day. I've started to drink a heap more today though, see if it helps any :)

Water definitely helps! I drink up to 2L each day and also green tea after every meal :)
  • JessicaHeathfield
    Options

Water definitely helps! I drink up to 2L each day and also green tea after every meal :)

Thank you so much for all your help and advice :D I'm going to take it all on board! X
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I look heavier when I'm carrying extra water, and my measurements go up.