Having a drink while dieting

Options
13»

Replies

• tommyo3000
    Options
    Smoking a large joint has zero calories ;)

From what I remember, it also makes me eat 4000 calories!!

Hahaha, I was waiting for that reply.. :)

It makes willpower a bit harder :):)

lol!
  • tommyo3000
    Options
    DeadVim:
    You're not the only dreamer :)
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink my red wine almost every single night, 10 oz, have lost 24% body fat and 50 # in the last yr. I rarely drank before age 35, so now I am living well, eating healthy and getting physically fit, I do not consider this to be a poison. I enjoy my wine and will not give it up unless my docs tell me I need to. Enjoy your life -- however you see fit,
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have a beer at least 3 days a week...I just work it into my daily calories. If your goal is to get smashed though, there won't be enough calories to go around....
  • 240Z
    240Z Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cut out drinking during the work week, switched to light beer, diet mixers on the weekends and some wine.
    I also make a point to use alcohol as the weekend "treat" and I don't up my weekend food calories.
    I log all calories including alcohol cals.
    When I get back from vacation I'm going to eliminate any drinking on Sunday and drop the wine.

Down 35 pounds in 70 days so I guess one can drink while dieting. :drinker:

If you are type that's prone to drink and then snarf down a large pizza at 11pm, then it may be more of a problem for weight loss..
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I say eat, drink and be merry!! If it is in your calorie allotment, don't fret about it. I cannot imaging giving up my wine or my mojito Sundays!! I have made my mojitos healthier by making simple syrup from Stevia as opposed to sugar.
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    I could never give up drinking entirely. It is one of the little things that brings me joy in this crazy world. I think it is more about learning sustainable habits than anything. If you are like me, who has one glass of beer and then thinks it is OK to have 4 or 5 more...well...I need to work on that. I would eventually like to get to where I have 1 or 2 once a week on Friday or Saturday and I am fine with that.