Need Advice on mindless picking at food!!

boondoggle89
boondoggle89 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I always feel so worn out, like my bones are tierd, and also just sleepy. No matter how much I sleep or eat (exercising just makes me more tierd).
I think thats the reason I always eat too much. On the rare occasion that I have actual energy I become so much more powerful and even my thoughts are more possitive.

I keep over eating. There dosn't seem to be much I can do to avoid it.

Does anyone have any good tips on how to avoid mindless picking. Thats my main problem - the little tiny things I eat in between meals that seem ok at the time but when they add up that stuff up my day.

Idealy my day is planned into 3 meals and 2 snacks that add up to 1320cals...but then I usualy eat about 400 more just though picking...and lately I have even been eating up to 2000-2200cals in a day!! This is really bad for me, but I don't know what to do to avoid it.

Hope someone can help.

Replies

• spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    If your always feeling so fatigue, I'd go see a Dr. there could be some underlying problem.

It will be easier to find strategies to stop the mindless eating,which could even be as a result of the fatigue, if that is fixed or lessened.
  • Yeah I do plan on going back to the doctor - although they always suggest sleep which isnt much help when I do get enough sleep! lol
    Thanks for the comment. xoxo
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Are you suffering from depression or anything? Are you taking vitamen supplements? I use EmergenC when I am tired and need to workout, but it doesn't do jack when I'm depressed. All I want to do is sleep. Hope the doctor can help you out. :flowerforyou:
  • i did have depression for 3 years but i am pretty much out of that cloud. i also had glandular fever about 3 years ago - about the same amount of time i have been tierd but its meant to take a year to get over and so should be over it by now. i donno - i will definately start taking some supplements.
    thanx for the comment!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Have some baby carrots handy. You get a lot for 30 calories and it satisfies the need to chew. I did that a lot in the beginning but have since gotten out of the habit of snacking.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Oh I was diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency back in December. I was run down and having all kinds of back and leg pain. The doc started me on Calcium Supplements with D added and it really helped. Do you ever exercise outside?
    Between my supplements and my sun exposure, I'm feeling much more energetic these days.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Make sure you drink lots of plain water! Make a goal to drink at least 2 glasses each time you have a meal. Then, have two glasses each time you feel like snacking. It's amazing, how many people eat when they simply need to drink water!

As the previous post mentioned, have fresh veggies to snack on (but get your water first!).

Maybe you are simply focusing on calories, but are not eating nutritious foods? Calories is not everything. The quality matters too. Otherwise, your body is starving in terms of nutrition. It doesn't matter it's getting calories, but if they are empty, you'll feel terrible. Think about this- you can eat one slice of pizza OR you can have loads of fresh veggies, some fish or chicken, one apple, 10 almonds and even a light organic yogurt for the same count!!! With the first one, nutrition is close to 0, with the second, you will be half way through your daily vitamin requirements!!!

Keep this in mind. These are the best tips I have. And hope you feel better about yourself. I've been there too. :-)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    I hate to say it, but it sounds like depression IS still an issue - I would suggest looking into that. Mindless eating - chew gum - that helps with not picking
  • yeah maybe. it may always be an issue but at the moment its not at the forefront of my mind - or maybe im just not noticing that i have mild depression. i dont know. thanx for the comment.
This discussion has been closed.