Is it bad that I go over my Sugar allowance?

Options
By tea time i'm nearly always over my sugar allowance! Not dramatically, but by between 4-10 most days. Will this affect my weight loss or affect the way the weight will come off? Really finding it difficult to stick within it as I eat Carrots/Tomatoes as snacks and by having a portion each of these I've already used half! :noway:

Replies

• m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you're meeting your calorie target you will be ok.
  • hpilon27
    hpilon27 Posts: 43
    Options
    I go over my sugar allowance before lunch! Love my coffee creamer... As far as weight loss goes, that hasn't affected me one bit. As for other health issues, not sure but I feel great! (And not deprived!)
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I think usually it's the refined sugar you got to look out for,like chocolate,sweets and especially soda drinks.
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Not at all! To be honest, the allowance they give on sugar levels for the application are extremely low. Like I have an apple, banana and piece of kiwi a day and I already over what I "should" be consuming. It is all about less calories in then calories expended!
    That said anything in excess will be stored as fat. So don't go eating 5 Snickers as you still meet your daily needs! :)
    And based on your bar below your post, it seems it hasn't been hurting you in the past so no reason to start worrying now haha.
  • joannaMzipperer
    Options
    Just curious, what are you ladies holding your calories to? I'm only 5'1 so i've put my calories at 1300, it was difficult at first, but my body has adjusted now, im thinking in about a month I'd like to lower it to 1200 cals
  • BecAbey
    BecAbey Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: i did think it was low! I'm on 1200 cals a day but I'm nearly 5ft 6.. Though if your comfortable at 1300 maybe you should go to 1200 to challenge yourself? My sister in law is 5ft 10 but still only on 1200 a day! Think they calculate it more on your daily activity rather then height :smile:
  • hpilon27
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and was on 1200 cals a day for about 6 months. Pretty much ate what I wanted with lots of exercise. I have been maintaining since January and I'm now set at 1570 cals per day. I love cardio and started strength training just yesterday... a little sore today but it's all very exciting!
  • joannaMzipperer
    Options
    ok wow! Ok great! Another question, I DONT give myself calories back for exercising. I just stick with a strict 1300 no matter what I do that day. You ladies are killing it with 1200 way to go!!!!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you are (or your family is and you could become) a diabetic. Then, it makes a big difference.
  • hpilon27
    Options
    ok wow! Ok great! Another question, I DONT give myself calories back for exercising. I just stick with a strict 1300 no matter what I do that day. You ladies are killing it with 1200 way to go!!!!

Eat back your exercise calories. Your muscles will thank you :-)