not lost no weight :(

H786
H786 Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i feel so crap!! havent lost any weight since my last weigh in and ive been working so hard and trying to stay motivated dont want to get off track.

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Don't worry! I dropped big pounds my first two weeks and then plateaued for 4 weeks! No change in the scales.

Eventually I broke through it with patience. It will come off and be calm.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Have you tried logging in your sodium? That was my problem for April. 14 days with overage in sodium.:flowerforyou:
  • Good morning I know its hard when we don't see the scale go down but believe me it is about alot more than that think about the health benefit and the fact that you have been working so hard that inturn means your getting stronger as well! How about your inches are you comparing them as well which will be a great indicator of your hard work. How is your diet above all that is key for all that hard work you have to refuel your body if not it will just hold on to what you eat because it's protecting itself from starvation mode so you have to have that balance.
  • H786
    I know but it feels like a huge let down when I've actually tried and stayed motivated to loose it now I just think what the hell but it only has been five days lol gosh I sound obsessed! But it's just that I really want to do something about my weight I hate the way I look recently I have gained a lot of confidence but I want to continue on this path and I need to loose weight :(
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    One thing that may help you is to stop weighing daily. Your body will have ups and downs and they can play with your mind. When I started out, I followed the advice of others on here and just weighed once a week. It helped me focus on the long term, without getting sidetracked by having a scale reading hanging over my head all the time.

Good luck!!
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Your body is adjusting. Be proud that you have not gained and then examine how often you are eating. Maybe break the meals into smaller portions and start eating earlier? Stop eating about 3-4 hours before bedtime.
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Even if you weigh yourself weekly you may not see a change especially if you eat out 1-2 days before your weigh in one week and not the week prior. The sodium can absorb a couple pounds of water. I'd suggest you go crazy good for a month and when you see the result, you will be quite happy.

Also it is great advice that someone says, you didn't gain weight. That right there is typically a great sign considering that many of us before MFP were gaining as opposed to maintaining or losing.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    maybe your body is just used to your regular routine and you should change something like walk a hill, walk double add some extra somethings in there, dont feel bad about yourself just make some adjustments, your body is changing even if you dont see it! : )
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Don't get off track! I've been working my *kitten* off the last 3 weeks and didnt see anything for all three weeks and all of a sudden this morning....a half pound....it's finally starting to come off. Let your body get used to the new you!!! Trust me..I didn't want to believe that line either but it will work!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Your body is adjusting. Be proud that you have not gained and then examine how often you are eating. Maybe break the meals into smaller portions and start eating earlier? Stop eating about 3-4 hours before bedtime.

Smaller portions and more meals is a good way to keep your blood sugar leveled out and avoid attacks of the "hungries." However, it is a myth that eating within a short time of going to bed will keep you from losing. As long as you leave room in your calories for a snack, if that is what makes you feel most comfortable, there is no reason to stop eating 3-4 hours before bedtime. This is a dieting fallacy.

Until recently, my work schedule was such that I ate my dinner about 8-9p and went to bed between 10-11p. I lost weight steadily because I was managing my total caloric intake and exercising regularly.

Good luck, and remember protein and fiber will help you feel fuller for a longer time than just carbs, even good carbs.
  • H786
    thankyou all for the advice i really appreciate. i am going to start just weighing myself weekly then. and i am quite happy that i have not gained weight at least its a start. i do feel a difference in my body though i think i have lost a few inches from my stomach but havent really measured myself. i have started going to the gym everyday and my aim is to atleast burn a 150 calories. but i hardly ever eat breakfast i know i should but never find the time and if i do its probably after my workout do you think this can be affecting it?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I would suggest eating a good sized breakfast and lunch and a smaller dinner. For dinner I usually only have veggies and meat. Watch your sodium intake and drink your water. Lastly, you need to realize that sore muscles are retaining water. When exercise is new to you, your body will hold water in your muscles. I lost 2 1/2 pounds my first month and 10 pounds my second month. I would suggest measuring yourself and following your progress that way until your body starts letting go of the pounds.
This discussion has been closed.