Wheatgrass - your thoughts.

Options
Hey guys,

I've recently added a daily (powdered and organic) wheatgrass shot into my life... okay, so it tastes like fish food, and it makes me want to throw up, but what I've read says is it really does work.

Does anyone else drink it? Like it/hate it? Also, it is said to detox the body - has anyone had any detox symptoms, because right now I can't tell if I have caught a random cold, or if this is a symptom of detox.

Thanks in advance :-) Kate. x

Replies

• flex500
    flex500 Posts: 63
    Options
    I love it. I actually take this...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/orange-oximega-greens.html

I do three servings a day. I love "green drinks" and this one doesn't taste too bad. As far as detoxing...eh...I don' t even really know what is meant by that and truthfully I don't think others do either.

I do say it has helped my bloodwork quite a bit and it seems to have played a large role in raising my HDL.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    What do you mean, it works? There's nothing special about it, except the possibility of pacifying the naturopath in you.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    what does it do?
  • bridge1101
    bridge1101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i like it..it keeps me regular:wink:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What do you mean, it works? There's nothing special about it, except the possibility of pacifying the naturopath in you.

^^ This. There are so many foods out there, that in combination can get you all the nutrition and fiber that you need, that I never fail to be amazed by people that think it necessary to torture themselves with "magic" foods that taste like crap. If you like it, then enjoy it. But if not, find foods you do like.
  • bridge1101
    bridge1101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

^^ This. There are so many foods out there, that in combination can get you all the nutrition and fiber that you need, that I never fail to be amazed by people that think it necessary to torture themselves with "magic" foods that taste like crap. If you like it, then enjoy it. But if not, find foods you do like.

agree. i usually add a tablespoon of wheatgrass powder into my green smoothie..which already tastes pretty good..so i dont even notice it.. it gives me energy, i find. Also not all wheatgrass is created equal..taste wise.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've been using Amazing Grass for a couple years now. I used to mix it in with smoothies to get over the taste but it doesn't bother me now, as long as I don't let the powder settle, I can drink it with plain water. That said, I feel more energized after I drink it and as someone who's had digestion issues in the past, the probiotics really benefit me.
  • vasmy
    vasmy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    keeps you regular...

hmm, may have to try this then.