Replies

• jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Android :smile:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    if you have a blackberry, maybe the blackberry Z10 is the way to go. Because while an iphone (or android) may be leaps and bounds better than the blackberrys of a few years ago, the Z10 may be comparable. i would also look into apps and app development for the blackberry, i have no idea what is available, or what can be transferred from your old blackberry to a new one - if they can't, then starting over with apps on a new platform (iphone) wouldn't be any different than sticking with blackberry.

the other thing to consider is this; there is a lot riding on the success of the new blackberry. if it doesn't do well, it's hard to say how long blackberrys will be around, in general.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    if you have a blackberry, maybe the blackberry Z10 is the way to go. Because while an iphone (or android) may be leaps and bounds better than the blackberrys of a few years ago, the Z10 may be comparable. i would also look into apps and app development for the blackberry, i have no idea what is available, or what can be transferred from your old blackberry to a new one - if they can't, then starting over with apps on a new platform (iphone) wouldn't be any different than sticking with blackberry.

the other thing to consider is this; there is a lot riding on the success of the new blackberry. if it doesn't do well, it's hard to say how long blackberrys will be around, in general.
    A websites and developers have pretty much stopped making or updating their blackberry apps. Obviously, a lot more will be known in december on how well the Z10 has done in the marketplace, but early reviews seem to be that it is an ok phone, but nothing earth shattering. They really needed to hit it out of the park to save themselves, in my non insider non expert opinion. I had a blackberry for the two years previous, until I bought a galaxy in January. So glad I made the switch and have a phone with a plethora of apps. Nothing would be worse than to buy a Z10, and find out six months in Blackberry is down the tubes, and having to ride out your contract with a lame duck phone.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    my view is skip both and go to the Galaxy S4 or The Note.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

QFT
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you're not tech savvy and don't care about tinkering with your smartphone, get an iPhone. If you like to get under the hood of your phone, get an Android, like Samsung Galaxy series. BB is on its way out, unless you can't live without BB messenger like many people outside North America, don't get another one.

Don't worry too much about the difference between the latest iPhone and the greatest Android phone, they both will cover your daily needs just fine.
  • briansyr
    briansyr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had blackberry, android, and iPhone and can say that blackberry was easily my least favorite. I switched to android and likes the customization ability, but ultimately ended up with iphone due to ease of use. Everything seems to just be where you need it.
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ANDROID ALL THE WAY
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The blackphone.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm due for an upgrade and have always had a blackberry. I like having the keyboard. The only thing I don't like about the new phones like the Samsung and iPhone is that there's no keyboard. I really wanted to upgrade to the new Blackberry Q10 because it's so similar to the bold that I have but I've been doing my research and Blackberry has no apps. Well they do but not any of the one's I want and need like the MFP, Nike Trainer App, and a few others.

I figure this is my chance to access some great apps but I'm unsure of which way to go.

I really don't want to give Apple anymore money. I think they have enough. However, at the same time I know they have the most apps. Everybody has a dang iPhone these days.

Which way should I go?
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    I went from a droid, to an iphone, to a droid, to an phone and then to a droid.. I've kept giving androids a chance and just can't do it.I want an iphone but I'm far from my contract date.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    blackberry sux. I've liked my iPhones
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    One is a successful company and the other is a failure
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Android :smile:

THIS^^^
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like my Droid
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

^^^^This. I have the Samsung Galaxy Mega, and I love it. I've had a ton of BBs and a couple of iPhones. This new phone blows all of those out of the water.
  • _amluvstld_
    Options
    iPhone for me. But only because I am use to it and hate change. I had an Android before I made the switch and loved it, though.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have a blackberry q10 and I love it. I have always had BB though so I am biased. the mfp app for BB is fine, no problems here. The q10 has a lot of new features I was surprised and impressed by, I chose it over the z10 because I still wanted a physical keyboard, full touch screens don't do it for me.
    My husband got an iphone when the new ones came out and he hated it, it sent texts twice all the time, would turn the ringer on, etc just all kinds of little quirks so he took it back and went back to android, he got the new sony xperia.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

QFT

+1...

Also, do they even make Blackberry still? I thought those went the way of the dinosaur about 3-4 years ago.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Blackberry is truly a piece of *kitten*.