Afraid to weigh

missmollyjo23
missmollyjo23 Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I just started dieting in march. I have given up meat and try really hard not to exceed my alotted calories each day. I bike 10 miles 3 times a week and play raquet ball 2 times. I feel better but i dont feel like I have lost any weight. I am so afraid to weigh because I am afraid the scale will not show less! I know i'll get really discouraged if it hasnt changed. AHH! Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    I can't speak for everyone else here but yeah...I feel this way. You bust your tail thinking you are shedding pounds then---nothing. HOWEVER! Don't be discouraged. From what you typed above...biking 10 miles 3 times a week...and raquet ball?? That's fantastic! If you are that worried about weighing in---don't do it. Wait another few weeks if you need to but whatever you do, don't stop. You will surely see results soon.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Alot of us feel that way....but you will find that most people on here weigh themselves once a week...they pick the same day of the week and the same time of the day and they try to be in the same type of clothing

Me personally, I weight every Monday morning, before I eat anything.

However, did you by any chance measure yourself at the beginning of your journey...because even if you were to go on the scale and not loose any weight, you may have lost inches, which is a good thing

How does your clothes feel on you, do they feel loose.

Weigh yourself...and wether you loose or not...there are other factors to look at....you are much healthier than you were a month ago.....and you probably lost inches....measure yourself...try and see if your clothes feel looser on you

Keep up the good work....loose weight or not....dont give up...just push harder

Goodluck:smile:
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Congratulations on all your efforts! It sounds like you're really dedicated to getting fit! My advice: if it's been over a month since you've started, then go ahead a weigh yourself. You'll probably be surprised at how much weight you've lost; and if not, then you know that you need to make a few changes to your routine. It's better to know that now, than to wait and miss all this time that you could be making more progress.

Also remember that sometime the scale isn't an accurate view of progress: muscle weighs more than fat, and with all that bike riding and raquet ball, your leg muscles are probably looking amazing! So let the way your clothes fit you also be an indicator.

Good luck and don't get discouraged! Even if the scale doesn't say what you want it to, you've made positive changes to your life that have, as you said, made you feel better. That in itself is a priceless reward, and if you keep it up, the scale will reflect it also.
This discussion has been closed.