30 Day Shred By Jillian Michaels

Options
13»

Replies

• DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I listen to her podcast every week on iTunes and she talked about this the other week. She says to shoot for doing the workouts 5 days a week. Take off extra days if you are too sore to prevent injury, and of course keep your diet as clean as possible.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It will get easier if you stick with it. Usually after about the 5-7th days it gets easier and you won't be so sore. I have worked up to Level 2 and still haven't been sore like I was on days 2-3. Stick with it!
  • casie8
    casie8 Posts: 17
    Options
    I always do it pretty much 10-20 minutes after I wake up, I make extra time in the morning because I know I will feel good for the rest of the day, plus I get it out of the way so I don't have to worry about doing it later in case I'm too tired after work. If I'm ever feeling like I don't want to, I always think of the quote, "I'm closer today than I was yesterday." And that always gives me the little push I need to go. I've come to start looking forward to my morning workouts. :)
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I just finished day 7 of level 3. It gets easier!!...and then you move up a level. Just push through and take breaks if you need to,but don't skip any moves, pause the DVD. I found that ever workout gets a lot easier after day 3 or 4. I also find that if i take two days off instead of one, I come back so much more refreshed and can breeze through the workouts! good luck! you will see big changes!
  • DanaCait
    DanaCait Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 30 for me! Trust me it does get easier! Not easy, but easier :) Just stick with it! I was one of those people who thought it was impossible at the beginning and now I'm almost done!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, How do you motivate yourself to stick with it? Did you do it in the mornings or evenings? I've tried it but after day 3 I just stop! I love how I feel after but just can't seem to stick with it long enough!

I found after the first couple of weeks I was bored with it, so I mix my week up. I do 30 Day three times a week, I dance two and try to just move the other two. This works for me. Yes, it is a slower process; however I am seeing results. My rear end is not headed south so much and my belly button is higher on my stomach. :)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am 61 with a bad hip. I was fearful but I am on Day 3 of the shred. Honestly, the hardest is the jumping jacks and getting up and down. This is due to my bad hip. I have and still do Just Dance daily. I have been doing it since jan 1. I know this is the reason that the shred on level 1 really is easy. If not for my hip I would go to Level 2. If I, at 61. an do it so can anyone.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7. Jillian is tough but you see results.
  • yulianotjulia
    yulianotjulia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did it in August and although I didn't lose any weight I looked a lot better. It felt great after I was done and walking up many flights of stairs is so much easier now :D
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You will be so proud once you finish it!!! Find some friends to do it with you here! Some days that I wanted to give up that helped me through it!!!