Friends list

Options
Denjo060
Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
I was just going through my friends list doing some clean- up so my question is how long do you wait to delete someone if they are not active, and is there anyone that you will not delete not matter how long its been? I found three friends on my list that have not logged in for 2 months and will not delete them becasue they were my first contacts on here but yet I deleted people who have not logged in for 2 weeks, mainly because they are new friends.

Replies

• tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually delete them after about 2 weeks+ of no activity...unless of course they are "real" life friends...LOL...I got a few of them! But...PLEASE DON'T delete me!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Please can I stay?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person, but generally about a month. There are some who tend to be away for extended periods as a matter of course, so they get more leeway.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I clean them out after about 2 weeks or if I keep commenting on them and they never say anything back... I know that sounds horrible but this is a two way street....
  • Denjo060
    Options
    sally and tara you are safe with me Ill never delete you guys :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    most of mine are active. but I would say when it been a month or two of not being active
  • Denjo060
    Options
    I clean them out after about 2 weeks or if I keep commenting on them and they never say anything back... I know that sounds horrible but this is a two way street....

No thats not horrible i agree
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thanks girl!!!:heart:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I was just going through my friends list doing some clean- up so my question is how long do you wait to delete someone if they are not active, and is there anyone that you will not delete not matter how long its been? I found three friends on my list that have not logged in for 2 months and will not delete them becasue they were my first contacts on here but yet I deleted people who have not logged in for 2 weeks, mainly because they are new friends.

14 minutes.

studies have shown that people who don't interact with you for 14 or more minutes are either dead, in a coma, or selling crack near a school.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

14 minutes.

studies have shown that people who don't interact with you for 14 or more minutes are either dead, in a coma, or selling crack near a school.

LMAO... Winner!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether I've built a shrine dedicated to them in my basement yet. Printing out all their profile pics, gluing them to the wall, lighting the candles, keeping Mr. Whiskers away from the candle flame... that all takes work. I don't want my dedication to be in vain.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much fun they are to interact with when they do log on. Or how hot they are. What can I say? I do love my FL eye candy.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i've fine tuned my list to a very active bunch and group.

But I take on newcomers occasionally....if they post "I'm going on vacation and will be gone for 2 months" then i just leave them...or "I lost my job/my mom/my wife/my dog/my god..... and I'm depressed" again, I just leave them on....

but most others I delete if they haven't been on for 2 weeks....not because I don't like them...but because if you aren't here and I don't know why you aren't here....then I'd rather add someone that WANTS to be here and would enjoy my support and antics....that's all.

i have CRAZEE antics sometimes....
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I hold on to people I actually recognize as interesting or interacting with me for a good month. Otherwise I usually delete if they've been gone for more than a week. That being said, I do usually check their page to make sure they've not mentioned going away for awhile.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I never delete, I'm a collector.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    But I take on newcomers occasionally....if they post "I'm going on vacation and will be gone for 2 months" then i just leave them...

I want to go on a 2 month vacation.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    3 days not logged in gets the axe!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

14 minutes.

Tell little Jimmy he still owes me $40!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether I've built a shrine dedicated to them in my basement yet. Printing out all their profile pics, gluing them to the wall, lighting the candles, keeping Mr. Whiskers away from the candle flame... that all takes work. I don't want my dedication to be in vain.

Don't forget the vial of blood and lock of hair you took from me.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long they have been on my FL ....plus if they tell us they are going out of town ,ill ,on vacation ect.....