whats that bicycle thingy??

Options
kingon8
kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
whats that thing called that is used to make an outside bike stationary? I guess you use it so you can bring your regular bike in the house, put it on this thing and ride it as a stationary, anyone know what I'm talking about??

Replies

• kingon8
    Options
    whats that thing called that is used to make an outside bike stationary? I guess you use it so you can bring your regular bike in the house, put it on this thing and ride it as a stationary, anyone know what I'm talking about??
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    i think I do but don't know the name

have you tried to google or ebay it?
  • kingon8
    Options
    I've tried googling it but the only thing is I tried "bicycle exercise mount" and all I am getting are sites that are for stationary bikes or mounts that mount your bike to your car.......
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    There are two types....either look up Fluid Trainer or Mag Trainer.....hope you find what you're looking for!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Oh...there are also Sporttrack Rollers.....they are much more dificult, because you have to keep the bike upright yourself, it's more like riding on the road, just you are on 4 rollers.......the trainers are the ones that make your bike like a stationary bike!
  • kingon8
    Options
    thank you I found some on ebay:wink:
  • dfletcher
    Options
    Just wanted to share my experience with the Mag trainer. I used it last year with my bicycle found it to be not to stable and I am an avid mountain biker. This year I bought a spin bike to work out on and it is much better and more stable. A good Mag trainer will cost 450.00 [ new] and a good spin bike is worth 1000.00 but well worth it.