hello everyone newbie here

malonzo
malonzo Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
so i've joined this fitnesspal, hopefully this can keep me on track , i've tried different diets ,some of them work but i somehow continue not to stay focus on what i need to do, plus my friends here at work aint a big help since they go out to eat all the time, so that feels like peer pressure all over again, but i admit , i too just end up goin out to eat with them, since they always tell me "again ,another diet,how many have you tried" but it's nothing i take seriously, so now im 30 and i think i need a change in my life for the better especially for my health.

Replies

• mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, I highly recommend you get the app. But even if you don't, don't feel bad. I go out to eat at least three times a week and have still managed to lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks. The key is "budgeting" what you eat at the restaurant. If you know you are going out early in the day, find out where and then use myfitnesspal to plan your meal. If you find yourself getting close to your calorie limit for the day, add in a 30 minute walk or some other form of exercise to increase your calorie allowance. Make sure you pack a snack of fresh fruits, yogurt, or the like to eat about an hour before you go so you are not *starving* when you get there. Good luck! You can do it!
  • sslandy
    sslandy Posts: 7 Member
    There are all different ways to lose weight. I have found myfitnesspal to be the easiest so far. If you use it daily and really input everything, it makes you more aware of what you are eating. It allows you to plan going out to lunch if you feel you are going to succumb to your co-workers. There must be something on the menu that is not the death knell to y our plan. If there isn't a good choice, don't eat the whole thing. Eat half or less. I still take my kids out for ice cream but instead of a sundae, I get a cone (a cup acutally). When you get home, exercise a little more to make up for it. If you are going to blow one meal, breakfast or lunch is the one do it as you have more time in the day to make up for it.

Don't tell the saboteurs you are on a diet. You are on a lifestyle change plan.

Good luck!
  • malonzo
    thanks for the advice yall, and i'm going to try and keep it a secret also.
  • lalonzo
    lalonzo Posts: 557
    Hi love welcome to mfp!!! We can totally do this together!! We're a great team!! :flowerforyou:
  • malonzo
    :happy: yes we are !
This discussion has been closed.