Insanity routine

Options
2»

Replies

• squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there know how many calories Insanity burns?

Different for everyone. Month 1 workouts burned around 450 for me. Today I did Max Interval Sports Training and burned 568 in 55 minutes.

I always wonder when people say they could only do the first __ minutes. Why? You're already giving up? I don't get it. I was never able to get through everythign without taking my breaks, but I would take a 30 second break, walk it off, have some water and just continue. I would NEVER stop.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did Fit Test on Monday and Plyo Cardio Circuit yesterday and both kicked my butt. By the end of Plyo I was pretty much dead and only able to do 1 or 2 reps for each set but I kept moving and made it through. I realized very quick that the key starting off is pace yourself but keep moving. If you try to keep up with all those fit people in the video you will burn out too fast and never make it through. Better to concentrate on form and the movements and keep moving so you are getting the cardio workout for the full time. If you watched the end of that video you would have seen some of those fit people dropping to the floor at times too.

That said continue on with the next video and stay on track. Just learn from only making it half way through the Plyo video how intense these workouts are, pace yourslef and get through the videos even if you can only do 1 rep each segment by the end of it. Its something to build on. Today is Cardio Power & Resistance. I am so sore after 2 days already I don't know if I'll be able to move by weeks end.

Totally this. Just do it at your own pace, take breaks when you need to, and don't give up. And like Shaun T always says, focus on form over speed. Your endurance will improve. Make sure you take "before" pictures and measurements if you haven't yet! I haven't lost a lot of scale weight but have lost a lot of inches and look a lot different in my before pictures to current--I just started month two. Good luck! :)
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    Boltz had great advice. I am currently in recovery week of my 3rd round of Insanity.

You may also want to look into a good protein shake to drink after each workout. I did one from GNC my first round and did not suffer from complete soreness at all. Feel free to add me if you're looking for more Insaniac friends! :D
    I am almost done with the recovery week on my first round of Insanity and agree with you about the protein shake. I drink one almost every day and have never been sore from any of the Insanity workouts.