Broken Leg

Options
Was working out daily for about 2 months then broke my leg! I can do very little exercise, can't work up a sweat or cast gets very itchy and uncomfortable. This made me think "whats the use" and I stopped logging calories for about 2 weeks.

Cast will be on another 6 weeks, I'm back logging calories, I want to maintain recent 10 lb. lost if not lose more. Need encouragement, advice!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is focus on your diet .. that's the major part of losing weight.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    We all have set backs from time to time. There are videos of chair aerobics and chair yoga that are good for the time being. Don't let yourself get I the self pitty poor me mode. You are a strong person who has a new temporary challenge.

Exercise or movement is just as important as eating correctly. You can do this don't give up on yourself over something that is temporary.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've been through a couple of setbacks like that, but amazingly enough I didn't gain any weight.

Your body will use a lot of energy just healing. Get lots of rest, eat sensibly and give your body a chance to heal and I'm sure you'll do fine.
  • kristina0579
    Options
    Jillian Michaels recommends punching for cardio if you have any lower body injuries.

Also, a friend of mine used the rowing machine at the gym when he injured his ankle...
  • Maxieboy123
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Dodged a bullet with not gaining weight, calories expended healing and the extra effort of hauling the cast around must have helped.