Am I doing this right?

Options
Hello fellow MFP people!

I have a question. I am starting an insanity plan. I am 6'2'' 285lbs 21 year old male. I am wanting to lose weight so what I was thinking was do insanity for the 60days and then do p90x after that. I did the fit test for p90x and I found it very hard so I thought insanity would help my cardio come up for the 90 days of the X.

I am on day 2 of insanity and I like the workouts, but I was wondering if this is a good plan, or should I try and do a hybrid of the two?

Also I am eating around 1500 calories a day and eating very healthy. My wife is an amazing cook so if know I can keep with the new life style.

Any suggestions would help thanks!

Replies

• mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing very well, keep up with the exercise and you may even want to raise your calories. If I were you I would probably aim closer to 1800 for right now :)

I would also stick to one, try your best to get through as much as you can each day and when you feel you've successfully completed it then move onto the next one! It'll help you stay on track without putting too many things in the mix!

Hope this helps :)
  • dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think you'll want more food when you start to get the hang of the workouts and really push. make sure to eat a lot of protein after your workout.

Good luck, Insanity is a great plan and its fun. I'm in week four.

I added you to my friends.There is also an Insanity group here on MFP. Fitocracy also has some really active members doing Insanity, I get inspired by them quite a bit.