Looking for people who've lost MASSIVE weight

Options
AJL_Daddy
AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
I'm really down in the dumps today. My drive to keep losing seems to have dried up. I need some inspiration. And that leads me here looking for people who have lost HUGE amouts of weight. Show pics, if possible? Tell stats. Tell how you achieved it. Pick a brotha up.

Replies

• TheRoyalOrder
    TheRoyalOrder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you look through old threads you'll find loads of photos of people who have lost loads b
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Look through threads, there are soooo many ^^ I often do it to make me want to exercise more
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 pound over the last year and hit a complete stop. Winter weather makes me want to eat and sleep! Thought joining here would give me a kick start and some support. Keep trying - the only person stopping you is you.
  • AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    These days happen just don't let it slow you down. You got this keep at it
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 pounds, and still have a little ways to go. You just have to decide you are going to do it, and figure out how you are going to go about it. Change the amount you eat, or the kind of food you eat, your activity level, whatever works for you. Then you have to commit to doing that, even when you are in the dumps and feeling like you will never get there. There will be rough times, but you just have to stick with the plan you have committed to and you will get through it.

I lost the first part of my weight pretty quickly and easily, but around Nov of last year I just slowed WAY down almost to a stop with the loss. I just stuck with it, kept eating better and exercising and now I am back on track with losing. I was very frustrated and in the dumps for some of that time. But I knew that I was a lot healthier than I had been at the start, and that the eating and exercise habits I have created are way better for me in the long run, so I just kept doing it.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! I started at 338 pounds, and was miserable. I really thought I would never be able to make any real changes. I could barely walk a mile when I started. Now I walk at least 4 miles a day, with longer hikes on weekends up to 10 miles. I have also started riding a bike for the first time since I was a kid. I feel like there is a whole new world out there for me to check out!
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been eating healthy for over a year and a half and have lost 190 without exercising. You just have to get in the mind set, that this is your new lifestyle. Ask yourself, what do you want more, to keep going and achieve your goals, or go back the old ways? Stay strong.
  • kristinmarie1986
    Options
    I've been eating healthy for over a year and a half and have lost 190 without exercising. You just have to get in the mind set, that this is your new lifestyle. Ask yourself, what do you want more, to keep going and achieve your goals, or go back the old ways? Stay strong.

190 pounds!! That's amazing!! Besides just getting in the right mind set (which I have found can sometimes fade after several months) was there anything else you did to keep up the motivation to continue? If not, how did you STAY in the right mind set?
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm really down in the dumps today. My drive to keep losing seems to have dried up. I need some inspiration. And that leads me here looking for people who have lost HUGE amouts of weight. Show pics, if possible? Tell stats. Tell how you achieved it. Pick a brotha up.

Uh, edited because I've had too much caffeine and pressed send before I typed anything o_o

I've lost 100- Idk what you consider massive. You'll have crappy days, dude. Just like going to work, you say "If I want a pay check, I'm gonna show up" same with weight loss. You want your end result? You show up. You don't have to like it 24/7
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Ed davenport (I think is his name). Check him out. Super inspirational.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Uh, edited because I've had too much caffeine and pressed send before I typed anything o_o

I've lost 100- Idk what you consider massive. You'll have crappy days, dude. Just like going to work, you say "If I want a pay check, I'm gonna show up" same with weight loss. You want your end result? You show up. You don't have to like it 24/7

Love that work analogy. I'm going to keep that in mind next time I have an off day. X
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 187 pounds (started at 380 pounds and now weigh 194 pounds)
    so far with another 16-30 pounds to lose. Ive eaten 1800 cals for most of my journey...initially i did a lot of cardio...not so much now....heres some pics

Before:

1704image2.png

Current:

photo_zpsbe1f8328.jpg

And just to show you a 45 year old who was morbidly obese can look okay with a nice dress ;)

391284_10150433109017899_1929151878_n_zpsfad062bc.jpg

Feel free to send me a friend request :)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Ok, well over a few years i have lost over 100 pounds, which I still find hard to believe... I always remind those who get down about how long of a process it is, where will you be if you DONT keep trying? Do you want to be one of those people who is constantly complaining about your weight, yet doing nothing about it?? NOBODY ELSE CAN DO THIS FOR YOU!!

It is definitely a long process, but soooo worth it, and you learn so very much about yourself a long the way!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    not sure what you classify as massive amounts, I have lost 67 so far....

I hit emotional rock bottom in August 2011, my health was being effected, I was close to 40 and had a very active 4 year old that I was sure I would not see grow up.

Something snapped, I had enough and my DH and I had a LONG talk about financial changes in our lives because the next day we were joining the gym again. I used to be so active (was at the gym working out the day I went into labour with my daughter), but 3 miscarriage and a rough first 6 months with our only surviving child my health got hit hard.

I was depressed, my BP spiked in 6 months from low to extremely high. I was in a bad way.

We joined the gym the next day, I started with light cardio and light weights. I lost about 15lbs this way. One of my good friends told me about the Wheat Belly book, overnight my husband and I gave up gluten cold turkey. Well this was life changing because this is when we realized a good part of why I had been sick for 25 years with horrible gastoral attacks, migraines, depression and insomnia. I was celiac. Since giving up gluten, moving to a clean food lifestyle I lost another 50lbs, this was combined with changing my workouts to strength training.

I read the New Rules for Lifting for Women at the prompting of a friend of mine who had completly transformed her body and her health. She has been a real motivation for me.

When I finished the NRLFW and found this site. It changed how I really looked at food and from another friend who also strength trains I have changed my food intake, eat smarter and the right combinations of food. With portion control, cutting sodium and controlling calories I lost another 8lbs since joining here.

My weight loss has slowed recently but my body is still changing.... and only for the better.

So that is my journey....
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    BTW. User "kazzsjourney" is awesome! Follow her example!

Comparison4smallest.jpg

I started in 2010 by stopping drinking soda. I continued by practicing portion control. I started counting calories last year. I've been on MFP since Nov 2012 (I don't know why it displays Jan 2012) and I'm loving it. In 2010 when I started, I was somewhere over 390 lbs (upper left hand photo), by this year January, I was mid 280's (lower right hand corner). I'm 272 lbs now. Shooting for 220 lbs. You can do it, dude. :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I would call over 100 pounds lost massive. There are days when it's hard and you will get down. Just don't stay down. I always say that one year will change your life. You know one year goes by fast. One year from now you can weigh the same, be heavier OR you can be a much lighter, fitter you. Just take one day at a time and you'll win the race.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Heaviest: 287 lbs

Current: 182 lbs

Goal: 170 lbs

Does that count?

Anyway be happy for how far that you've come already.

You just have to keep trying and set yourself reasonable goals.

It takes time.
    (Remember this is a marathon not a sprint and you've got your whole life to work on it.)

My advice is look at your negative results as ways to find out the source of the problem then improve upon it.

Another thing is that you need to mix up the work outs daily so your body doesn't have time to get used to it so that way you don't plateau.

Your going to have to make sacrifices on what you eat and just have those foods in moderation.

Simple quote to remember.
    "If you can't kill it, grow it or pick it don't eat it."
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Down 161 lbs in 14 months. I started out 324.5lbs now 163lbs. I've done it using mostly dietary change. More veggies and fruits, fewer carbs (though of course some each day) , and leaner proteins. I've also added exercise. It's been life changing. I don't know how to attach pictures or I would. Sorry
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

190 pounds!! That's amazing!! Besides just getting in the right mind set (which I have found can sometimes fade after several months) was there anything else you did to keep up the motivation to continue? If not, how did you STAY in the right mind set?

@kristinmarie, thank you. I just hit the preverbal rock bottom. At first I made a lot of mistakes, because I was learning everything myself. I did a lot of reading and research. I guess I've been doing it for so long it's just habit now. I use to get so depressed, and lonely, when I watch everyone eat whatever they want, and I can't. But a friend told me about MFP and it's great knowing I'm not alone. As for the mindset, I guess it's seeing the amount of weight I lost go up and feeling stronger. I get can get depressed at times when I realize that I have a long way to go, but I can't quit. It also helps I have two little girls I want to make proud of me.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much you have to lose, but don't think of the whole number. Break it up.
    When I started, I had 80lbs to lose. I said "there's no way in hell I can lose 80lbs. 80! that's a huge number!!!"

Nope, I can't lose 80lbs. BUT I can lose 10lbs, 8 times. Or 20lbs, 4 times!! Doesn't seem so scary that way.

Set mini goals, and when you hit them, you'll naturally feel motivated to go for the next one.

You can do it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!