Anyone ever been to Thailand?

Options
gunnyfuy
gunnyfuy Posts: 16 Member
I'm leaving for Thailand in August and I'll be there for a year. I'm sure I'll gain weight from all the delicious food so I'm trying to lose a bit right now to even that out. I'm in need of more friends, so let me know if I can add you :-)

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i would like to go.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Where are you going? I bet you'll have an easier time keeping weight off, actually - very active lifestyle if you're in one of the cities, and it's very easy to eat healthy. I really enjoyed visiting there.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Never been. My husband's family is from Thailand they go every year.

The food can be healthy or bad for you. It all depends on what you like/dont like.
  • cdhenry
    cdhenry Posts: 1
    Options
    Will you be teaching ESL? I lived there for four years and plan to return in August as well. I think you will find that you will be thinner there because of sweating from the heat, at least that was the case for me, and all the food is fresh. :)
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Spent 3 weeks there. Amazing place. Hope to go back this year to study Muay Thai.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I've been to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The food is amazing and relatively healthy. If you're out sightseeing, I doubt you'll gain weight. Make sure you try "Fried Morning Glory" and also some Indian food (best Indian food I've ever had, but I've never been to India). Beware that Panang curry is REALLY HOT. You should go to Cabbages and Condoms if you're going to Bangkok. And get some fresh fruit in a bag on the streets - it's incredible. My favorite dessert there was sticky rice with coconut milk and sliced mango - I make it at home sometimes or do my oatmeal like that! Feel free to message me if you want more info. :D
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I found I lost weight living in Asia. The portions are smaller. Thailand is amazing, the food is awesome, and it's beautiful! Have a great year!
  • n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I found I lost weight living in Asia. The portions are smaller. Thailand is amazing, the food is awesome, and it's beautiful! Have a great year!

I was sure your comment was going to include "THIGH LAND"
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to teach ESL In Thailand for years!!
    Take me!!!!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Are you going for the lady boys?
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving for Thailand in August and I'll be there for a year. I'm sure I'll gain weight from all the delicious food so I'm trying to lose a bit right now to even that out. I'm in need of more friends, so let me know if I can add you :-)

Of course you can add me.

I've been. The food is delicious and light. It's very easy to go vegetarian there without even trying to. And the people, oh my! The people! The only other place I've seen such lovely people was Nepal.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Jealous! I've never been.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm half thai and I used to go every year. Portions are tiny compare to the U.S! Lots of veg as well. Stay away from the deserts and the iced tea/coffee but its so hot and you and your eat so healthy that it probably doesnt matter. My favorite place is the south, mainly phuket area! Love it!
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Got to go in December 2012. Spent NYE in Bangkok and 5 glorious days on Ko Tao.

Fantastic. You'll love it!
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    omg i wanna know it all =) im goin there in february and i freakingly cant waait =)
  • meramirez2012
    meramirez2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been there and fell in love with the people and culture. You will lose weight there, trust me. :)
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I stayed in Thailand for a few weeks before going to Cambodia. I agree with the others saying it but I'll say the same. You'll likely drop a few pounds by the time you have returned, even with that delicious food!