Here I go...

jddejong
jddejong Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello my new fitness pals! I too stumbled across this site while doing a search to find out how many calories I should be eating daily to lose weight. So I filled out my profile, found out how much I should be eating and I'm all set to go!

Any advice for lackluster motivation? I'm a chronic yo-yo dieter who had luck with weight watchers in the past but have since lost the motivation to continue attending meetings. I work from home so snacking during the day is a huge challenge! Any advice would be greatly recommended.

Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• jddejong
    Hello my new fitness pals! I too stumbled across this site while doing a search to find out how many calories I should be eating daily to lose weight. So I filled out my profile, found out how much I should be eating and I'm all set to go!

Any advice for lackluster motivation? I'm a chronic yo-yo dieter who had luck with weight watchers in the past but have since lost the motivation to continue attending meetings. I work from home so snacking during the day is a huge challenge! Any advice would be greatly recommended.

Thanks so much! :)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

My only advice to you for motivation is this: starting your new lifestyle change is the hardest part. Once you start, just keep going and you'll reap the rewards. If you fall behind remember that tomorrow is a new day and never stop because of a bad week, bad day, or the lack of motivation.

My motivation at the gym- there is a guy there with a really tight butt and wears these cute bicycle shorts.It's so worth it to see his butt muscles flex at noon ^_^ Find your motivation and stick with it!

Good Luck! :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Try and put what you are going to eat BEFORE you eat and it will help you make better choices. By keeping this log you will soon see what your pattern is and it will help you keep on track.:drinker:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    If you don't think of this as a diet but a healthier style of life that you're studying to pass the exam for then you'll do okay for the long term. Welcome aboard.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    :happy: :bigsmile: welcome
  • I just found this site in the same way. Might as well make a go of it. It really makes a difference to see exactly what I am eating. :flowerforyou: Good luck!!!
  • jddejong
    Thanks all! One full day down....the rest of my life to go! :)
This discussion has been closed.