Share your Pilates results pictures

Options
I now have an hour for lunch at my job. So I will be doing Pilates videos 5x a week 30-45min sessions. Can anyone share their results they got from doing Pilates? Also how soon will I start seeing results?
Thank you in advance.

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how effective pilates might be for building muscle, but keep in mind that whether or not you "see" the results has more to do with body fat % and not the exercise.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I do not have pics, but I did Pilates after my first baby ten years ago. I am convinced that Pilates is how I managed to get rid of the baby "bump" completely. Plus it really brought back my muscle definition. :) Pretty sure it's what helped me get my figure back all those years ago.

I do other things now though, but I still have my Pilates DVD's as well.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I've just started Pilates to compliment my work outs at the gym.
    I'd like to hear about/see some results as well.
    I believe it can improve core strength and flexibility.
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    what's the difference between pilates and yoga?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yoga is a form of eastern meditation that involves breath and body work and Pilates is a core strengthening program. Pilates borrows a lot from yoga.
  • lisseth82
    lisseth82 Posts: 28
    Options
    Great feedback.
    Thank you all.
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pilates 3x a week for about a month now, along with circuit training and running, and I have to say I've really noticed an increase in strength that seems to have happened faster than with circuit training. I don't have photos but I really think it's made a visible difference to my body as well. :)
  • MrsNolf
    MrsNolf Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pilates 4x a week for 3+ years. While I'm strong and have good stamina, without cardio and proper diet you won't see any results. It's a great combo to cardio and I use it as my weight training. Enjoy =)
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would like to see pictures too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!