Chicken Breast Ideas

Serenifly
Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Last time I cut the chicken breast in half, and stuffed it with Fat Free Ricotta Cheese and Green onions... Was Great! But want something different for tonight,

Any ideas for pretty much fat free low cal recipes for Chicken Breasts? Love all the great ideas this board has to offer!

Replies

• lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    I love low fat chicken parmigiana - just cook the chicken breast (plain, not crumbed) and spread with tomato paste or pasta sauce, top with a small slice of reduced fat cheese (or sprinkle of grated) and bake until cheese is melted... yum!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Last time I cut the chicken breast in half, and stuffed it with Fat Free Ricotta Cheese and Green onions... Was Great! But want something different for tonight,

Any ideas for pretty much fat free low cal recipes for Chicken Breasts? Love all the great ideas this board has to offer!
    I did this w/ricotta cheese and turkey pepperoni. spread some marinara on top w/low-fat part-skim mozzarella cheese and it was awesome!
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Just got this one yesterday:
    Its cooking @ home as we speak! Can't wait to try it tonite...

Swiss Chicken Casserole-CrockPot
    6 Boneless Skinless Breasts
    6 Slices Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese(Sargento)
    1 Can Fat Free Cream Mushroom Soup
    1/4 Cup Fat free Milk
    2 Cups Stuffing Mix
    1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine(melted)

Lightly grease crockpot w/ Pam
    Place breasts in pot, top w/ cheese slices. Combine soup & milk stir well.
    Pour over the cheese & sprinkle w/the stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing.
    Cook on low for 8-10 hrs or 4-6 hrs on high
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Chicken parmesan - skip the breading and just throw some spaghetti sauce, low-fat mozzarella and italian seasoning on top and bake. Spaghetti sauce is probably about 60 calories depending on how much you use, the cheese about 30-50, and the chicken of course about 100 or less (depending on the size/how much you eat). Check my diary for Saturday night's dinner.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Marinate the cut up chicken breast pieces in some olive oil, lemon juice, fresh thyme (optional) and garlic. Then sauté in the non-stick pan with no additional oil till the pieces are a bit browned. You can broil these too I guess. Just make sure you don't overcook the chicken, it gets really dry then. Toss some salad, and put the chicken on top.

Also, you can boil the chicken, then make the soup with the broth by adding some veggies, meanwhile cut up the boiled chicken, add some grapes or apples, celery, nuts, low-fat yogurt or mayo, some spices, and make the chicken salad. :-) I like making up my own recipes with chicken and fish, so if you need more ideas, let me know. :-)
  • Patti909
    Patti909 Posts: 36
    super easy recipe:

in a baking dish, cover chicken with salsa and bake.
    for the last 5 minutes, cover with lowfat cheese (i use WW Mexican cheeses)
    Serve with brown rice or wheat pasta.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Very very good ideas ya'll! I actually have skim milk cheese at home! Never bought it before :) seems the best for you ... I'll let you know tomorrow which recipe I'll do and review :) I'm thinking not the salad, I have Salads for lunch! but that'll be a good lunch one ....
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    I tried this and it is very low cal and tastes great! Saute the chicken in salsa mixed with 10oz of diet pepsi max with lime! It is soooo yummy. Just cook until the chicken is done...most of the liquid will cook down. Serve over white or brown rice or pasta of your choice. :)
  • Cover with black pepper & celery salt then grill.
    High in taste ... but obviously high in sodium. Cals are all in the chicken.
This discussion has been closed.