Shout out to all the smart people!

Options

Replies

• Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I is smart. :smokin:

E vero...

You're smarter. It pisses me off a little.

Maybe I've acquired just enough education to cultivate contemporary disdain but not enough to fix it or myself...or maybe you just bring out the best in me ;)

Also, my master's committee shot down my thesis on GTR and David Hume, as well as the title "Does Sasquatch Exist? Yukon Investigations" so I'm relegated to making brie sculptures of Mark Ruffalo--so how smart is that?!!!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    [/quote]

Maybe I've acquired just enough education to cultivate contemporary disdain but not enough to fix it or myself...or maybe you just bring out the best in me ;)

Also, my master's committee shot down my thesis on GTR and David Hume, as well as the title "Does Sasquatch Exist? Yukon Investigations" so I'm relegated to making brie sculptures of Mark Ruffalo--so how smart is that?!!!
    [/quote]

I'm dying. :laugh:
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm smart. I just don't have any common sense. :)

This is soooooooooooo totally me!!!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    @hannajessica -brains is sexier than boobies!

@Mavrick - Don't discount those of us who have brains and boobies - we are not forces to be reckoned with!! :wink: (I'm getting my MBA in 23 days and carrying around DDs. Watch out now!!)

@emmgetsfit- There are far fitter MBAs from top schools here that I know!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I is smart. :smokin:

E vero...

You're smarter. It pisses me off a little.

Also, my master's committee shot down my thesis on GTR and David Hume, as well as the title "Does Sasquatch Exist? Yukon Investigations" so I'm relegated to making brie sculptures of Mark Ruffalo --so how smart is that?!!!

Narcissism.

However, I'd like to order six.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @hannajessica -brains is sexier than boobies!

@Mavrick - Don't discount those of us who have brains and boobies - we are not forces to be reckoned with!! :wink: (I'm getting my MBA in 23 days and carrying around DDs. Watch out now!!)

@emmagetsfit - Brains and sexy boobies are the best combination. Plase allow me to clarify my statement, as I would prefer an average looking, but intelligent girl over a hottie in the gym (as a long term partner). I have met many beautiful women that are insecure and no common interests.

@Mavrick - Aaahhh you're prioritizing the wish list, that's totally acceptable!
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I qualify, but just so I know, what are the qualifications?
  • JessieJanie
    Options

You must have a brain. And you must know the difference between their, there, and they're. :laugh:
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

You must have a brain. And you must know the difference between their, there, and they're. :laugh:

Well then! I'm no grammar Nazi, but thankfully I got this!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

well alrighty then, I believe I am qualified.....
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options

@hannajessica - That's it, really? I guess that I am qualified too. :laugh:
  • JessieJanie
    Options
    I don't believe in being exclusionary. I mean who's to say what's smart, how do you determine other peoples intelligence? But the their, there, they're thing is just a personal pet peeve of mine. :happy:
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    My brain is glad to be here. And I shall call this place....this place.
  • Mavrick7a
    Options
    I don't believe in being exclusionary. I mean who's to say what's smart, how do you determine other peoples intelligence? But the their, there, they're thing is just a personal pet peeve of mine. :happy:

That is one of mine as well. Did you see the other post? Their instead of there lead to some confusion :laugh:
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    But the their, there, they're thing is just a personal pet peeve of mine. :happy:
    [/quote]

That is one of mine as well. Did you see the other post? Their instead of there lead to some confusion :laugh:
    [/quote]

I wrote a status post about this same thing this morning! Ditto you're/your, it's/its, lose/loose, accept/except, et al....
  • EmGetsFit
    Options
    Smart nerd checking in! I creeped on the sexy guys in the other thread; now time to chat up the smarties. And I agree -- brains are sexiest!

how you doin'
    Great! How YOU doin'?
  • Mavrick7a
    Options
    @emgetsfit - I find it amusing to read about it, but walk away when they don't get it. Can you image talking to them in person? It would be very difficult to understand what they are attempting to communicate. :laugh:

"could you please repeat yourself?" or "so, do you mean?...."
  • JessieJanie
    Options
    Also then and than make a big difference in what you're trying to convey sometimes. For example: I'd rather eat chicken than be run over by a bus OR I'd rather eat chicken, then be run over by a bus.
  • Mavrick7a
    Options
    Also then and than make a big difference in what you're trying to convey sometimes. For example: I'd rather eat chicken than be run over by a bus OR I'd rather eat chicken, then be run over by a bus.

:laugh:

They must have skipped Elementary School English! :wink:
  • EmGetsFit
    Options
    Indeed! I enjoyed the internet meme instructing comma usage via the sentence "Let's eat, Grandma."