Please critique my food diary...

Options
GemmaM_x
GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
After being on and off the wagon for a while, my partner and I are now committed to getting back in shape. I trained for years in martial arts so am still pretty muscular under this new layer of chub.

I'm fairly clued up on healthy eating (I like to think) but would love to get other peoples opinion on my food diary for today, which is pretty average for me. Breakfast, lunch and snacks stay pretty consistent, and dinner is always protein with loads of veg.

Any input or advice on what I could add, remove or generally improve on would be greatly welcomed.

Would also love some buddies on here to cheer me on and help support me in reaching my goal, so feel free to add me as a friend :-)

image.jpg

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open to the public
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I would track my sodium as well.
  • GemmaM_x
    Options
    I tried my best but the image it still small and blurry. I've made my food diary public so people can peruse today's intake :-)
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looks ok ... there are no carbs or sugar listed for the peaches - I am sure they are pretty significant numbers. I would up the protein content also.
  • daniellacastelucci
    Options
    First of all I would suggest that you split your snacks, so we know what you ate in every meal :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    That's the only day you have logged?

It looks fine. Could maybe do with a smidge more protein. What do you do for exercise?
  • GemmaM_x
    Options
    I logged a few months back but kind of fell off the wagon. Today was my first day back logging for a while.

Will be increasing my protein with shakes when I get back to going weight training. At the moment, exercise wise, I'm walking a total of about 3 miles a day (to work and back) plus some cardio at the gym (elliptical trainer, bike and rowing machine), Usually do weight training and kettlebells too (not free weights) once I get back into it.
  • GemmaM_x
    Options
    I've added snacks in too, didn't realise I could do that until I went searching :-)
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would recommend lowering the carb intake and upping the protein. More energy for longer time frame.