Unable to exercise alot.....

Options
I had hip surgery back in January and was unable to walk for 6 weeks. Needless to say, my weight ballooned up to 247. I am 6'1" and want to get down to about 188-190 range. I am not able to walk long distances (yet) or pushups or crunches. I have been able to eat healthier and have dropped to 233 as of yesterday.

Does anyone have any ideas how to keep dropping weight even when I cannot exercise alot?

Thanks.

PS> I look forward to sharing my weight loss success to all! :-)

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I had hip surgery back in January and was unable to walk for 6 weeks. Needless to say, my weight ballooned up to 247. I am 6'1" and want to get down to about 188-190 range. I am not able to walk long distances (yet) or pushups or crunches. I have been able to eat healthier and have dropped to 233 as of yesterday.

Does anyone have any ideas how to keep dropping weight even when I cannot exercise alot?

Thanks.

PS> I look forward to sharing my weight loss success to all! :-)

Well, first I would research (with your physical therapist or whom ever you go to for your rehab) what exercise you CAN do without aggrevating the affected area. That said, you should be able to eat a moderate deficit and continue to lose weight with diet alone. There's no reason you can't. Just be aware, without exercise, you want to keep your deficit relatively small because you will lose muscle this way, and you don't want to lose to much muscle, or you'll spend a lot of time later gaining it back.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options