Almost 30 days and no losses

Options
Greetings. I have been tracking food and exercise for nearly 6 weeks, however the first two weeks I had been using the Biggest Loser website to do so... MFP has a larger database, so I switched over thanks to a friend. In any event, I am exercising generally more than 3 times a week and keeping my food intake between 1200 and 1600 calories. It just depends on if I feel like eating meat that day and the type I am wanting. I have lost no weight and I am beginning to get discouraged dealing with the daily entry. I am more conscious of what I am eating when entering data, however it is a waste of time it seems at this point as I am not losing inches nor am I losing weight. Since I started, I have managed to lower my sodium, carbohydrates, sugars, fats and calories, but alas nothing. I guess on the plus side I can do more than one push up now, however I wear a size 26 and would like to be able to buy nice underwear and dresses that don't look like granny wear or cost an arm and a leg. I don't have a goal for getting into a specific dress size, but I do want to lose nearly 100 lbs, which would put me at 175 lbs for 5'11". Currently I have a BMI of 38, the 175 would be a BMI roughly of 24. (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/obesity/how-much-should-i-weigh.php). I just need help getting down to size and I don't want to do a drastic diet that I can't keep as I always gain the weight back when I do those. I am trying to change my lifestyle overall without making it impossible to keep. I would rather not taking weight loss pills to do this either. Any suggestions?

Replies

• OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    www.fat2fitradio.com/tools

check this out, its helping me figure out a ton about my body :) might help jump start your weight loss again. VERY informational
  • DaniInMaine
    Options
    Hey, first off, KUDDOS TO YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP!! There's a lot that you don't say in your message (number of daily calories you should be eating to lose weight, amount of effort (HR) and time spent on those 3 days of exercise, etc. I went through a similar thing for about 2 months (which got me to buy a FitBit and sign up here). In the first week of having these 2 tools I've lost 5 pounds.

What I found for me was that I was crediting myself with being able to eat more daily calories (or being more active) than I actually was. You mention your daily calories fluctuate between 1,200 and 1,600. That seems like a pretty big swing when one's trying to lose weight. I'd recommend 1) keeping your calories at the lower end consistently for a week or so, 2) monitoring how much effort (aka calories burned) is going into those exercise times, and 3) increasing the number of sessions (or the length of time of each session) for a week and see where you're at.

It's so hard when we hit a stonewall. But there ARE ways around it. Try being consistent for a week and then reevaluate. Afterall, we have EVERYthing to lose <bg> Good luck!!
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    I am hesitant to daily eat 1200 calories as I was on a 1400 calorie diet before for about 3 months that threw me into starvation mode and I lost no diet and started to have health issues. The reason for the fluctuation is that I still eat out on occasion and some days I just don't feel like eating meat or dairy. I am not really on a diet, largely as I am not wanting to return to being this heavy. I am exercising 30 minutes, 3x a week at minimum. The exercise is cardio and calisthenics. So Dancing, kick boxing, obstacle courses, etc for cardio and for calisthenics randomized ab, arm, back and leg exercises (mt crawlers, bear crawls, push ups, dips, crunches, bicycle crunches, back raises, etc). Most weeks I am running 200 - 300 minutes total workout time. It just depends on how much I want to avoid school work.

I set my settings on MFP to sedentary with 3 days of 30 minute exercising looking to lose 2 pounds a week. The minimum for that loss is 1600 calories a day. Which is what I've been aiming for. I eat out a couple days a week and go with healthier options. I also have not been neglecting to put anything in.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Check this post out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Might help you. It is working for me. Best of luck and take pride in what you have done! Changing your life is hard! Make sure to take pictures or measurements- I lose inches faster than pounds.