Got a really nice compliment

Options
Being_Healthy
Being_Healthy Posts: 32 Member
So its been about 8 months since I started this weight loss journey. I've lost 43 pounds and am definitely feeling better overall. However I'm still in the obese range for my BMI and when I look in the mirror, I tend to focus on the fact that I am still heavy.

This morning as I'm getting ready to do my time on the Elliptical at the gym, a woman steps up on the one next to me and says "Excuse me but, I must tell you that I first saw you a few months ago when I started coming here and I see you now and am just totally amazed by your transformation. You look outstanding and have done a fabulous job!"

My family has been telling me for awhile now that my weight loss is really showing...but they are family and I've just been sort of brushing that off as them being nice. It was really cool (and made me work even harder:wink: ) to have a stranger tell me that I'm looking good!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mram81
    mram81 Posts: 15
    Options
    It is always nice whenever you get a compliment no matter who it came from. Whenever it is a stranger though, it make you stop and take note that other people really are watching. Way to go on all the weight loss. Keep it up!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    How nice! Good for you. There is nothing like some positive feedback to give you positive reinforcement that you are on the right track. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsNeuman
    MrsNeuman Posts: 76
    Options
    wow!! That's awesome that you heard that from a stranger (I totally understand the whole "family compliments" don't really count thing) ! You must look great if someone complimented you that you didn't even know, you must be an inspiration to them!! Keep it up!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! It's so nice to hear that encouragement from other people. It reminds me that I need to give that encouragement to others too.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work. It was actually nice to read this because I too have lost 43.5 lbs. to date in about 9 months and while my family and friends have said there is a huge difference I also brush it off as something your husband/parents, etc. say to make you feel good but I am starting to get compliments at work and of course have gone down 2 sizes. Still though I look in the mirror sometimes and say wow I still have 95 lbs. to go and want to see that thin person I was 11 years ago. Don't let it get you down and continue on your path as I am doing and soon we will be happy with the final results ;-) Congrats again!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I think that the gym is teh best place to place to give encouragement. Even the body builders like to hear that their shoulders are looking good or their biceps are popping
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!