Fitness NSV today!!

Options
Angylgrrl
Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
Hey all! I am really proud of my fitness accomplishments to date, and wanted to shout them out! So instead of shouting, here I am.

I ran 3.7 miles today in 39:24. I know that doesn't sound fast (because it isn't), but up to about 2 weeks ago, I was running 12 minute miles. Today, my lap splits were 10:26, 10:05, and 10:55- All under 11 minutes!!!! And I wasn't dead or dying by the end!! Keep in mind, I didn't start walking or running seriously until late September, so for me, this is a huge improvement! One of the last times I ran this route, it took me 41:37.

I know I still have a long way to go and that I want to improve my times and my endurance, but I am really proud of today's PR. I'm also really happy I decided to try running again. It wasn't an activity I enjoyed much when I was younger, but now I very much enjoy it and look forward to my time to 'detox'.

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am really proud of my fitness accomplishments to date, and wanted to shout them out! So instead of shouting, here I am.

I ran 3.7 miles today in 39:24. I know that doesn't sound fast (because it isn't), but up to about 2 weeks ago, I was running 12 minute miles. Today, my lap splits were 10:26, 10:05, and 10:55- All under 11 minutes!!!! And I wasn't dead or dying by the end!! Keep in mind, I didn't start walking or running seriously until late September, so for me, this is a huge improvement! One of the last times I ran this route, it took me 41:37.

I know I still have a long way to go and that I want to improve my times and my endurance, but I am really proud of today's PR. I'm also really happy I decided to try running again. It wasn't an activity I enjoyed much when I was younger, but now I very much enjoy it and look forward to my time to 'detox'.

IMHO, endurance is more important than speed. Great job and great run!
  • Angylgrrl
    Options
    Thank you! I think endurance is more important as well, but I'll take anything I can get!
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great!
    I am very very impressed and inspired!
  • Angylgrrl
    Options
    Thanks, friend! I'm in it to win it!!! Can't wait until my legs are a bit more toned! The calves are coming along quite nicely, so kind of waiting for the thighs to catch up...
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What great progress!

I love NSVs like this. Real proof that your hard work is making a lasting difference.
  • Angylgrrl
    Options
    What great progress!

I love NSVs like this. Real proof that your hard work is making a lasting difference.

Thank you!! I like to think of it that way as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!