Survey, what is your favorite exercise DVD and why???

Options
Hi everyone. I am pretty new to MFP and need some exericise dvd ideas. I am a stay at home mom and going to the gym is not an option right now. I am doing Turbo Jam, but I heard good things about 30 day shred. I love Turbo Jam but want to mix things up and keep it interesting. Give a shout out for your favorite dvd and tell me why you like it best :love: . Include the time involved and results.

Replies

• hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    I have done the 30day Shred...but found myself not motivated to do it again the next day lol....I also bought a Wii Fit and have the same problem
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity and Hip Hop Abs and they are hard work but amazing, amazing!!!
  • pamela35
    pamela35 Posts: 14
    Options
    THE BEST ONE I'VE DONE SO FAR, IS THE BIGGEST LOSER WORKOUT, IT'S GOOD, INTENSE AND YOU CAN PLAN YOUR WORKOUT TO FIT YOU!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i recommend either davina high power 5
    or the 30 day shred
    of course you have to be willing to do it, if you give up there's no point buying it x
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I have to agree Hip Hop Abs is my fav!! Its fun and doesn't seem like you are working out (most of the time)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Anything done by Denise Austin because she perky enough but not too much and I can do the workouts :wink:
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner has 2 workout dvds that are just weight training; "One on One training with Jackine" and "Personal Training with Jackie". I own both and think both are very good. I enjoy the cardio that I do on my own (elliptical, walking, or swimming) so all I need is weight training and if a session is longer then 20 minutes then I just can not commit to it. I have tried all biggest losser products, p90x, and insanity program and I still prefer Jackie's workouts. Once I become stronger and fitter, I will re-try the last 2 workouts that I mentioned above.
  • STEELMAN47
    STEELMAN47 Posts: 28
    Options
    P90X OR INSANITY, both are intense , but you feel great afterwords , don't worry if you can't complete the workouts i couldn't make it through the warm-ups at first , after a year now i can do p90x , just started insanity still working on making it through it
  • cmhcarpenter
    cmhcarpenter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Leslie Sanson walk at home dvds. I have three of her dvds, in one you walk up to two miles, one you walk up to four, and the last you cover five miles. What I really love so much about these dvds is that you aren't just walking in place, but you are doing kicks, side steps, jogging, etc. They have half mile markers, mile markers, etc. so you know how far you've gone. You can stop the video at one mile, two, three, etc. Also, you cover the miles in such short time. One mile in twelve minutes in the five mile video. So you're having fun and you're really getting a good work out. She works every part of your body, especially your lower body. This video will tighten up your bum in no time. I recommend it to anyone who really has a hard time getting up to exercise. I generally don't like exercising, but I like to do this. The time flys by and before you know it you've covered 2- five miles in a day.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    P90x is by far the best workout videos I have ever tackled. I love them all except the Yoga. Could really do without that one lol
  • ocgirl66
    ocgirl66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for all the recommendations. Keep them coming!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends upon what you like to do. I like to dance at clubs, but most dance workouts or aerobic dance type classes/dvds make me feel like a total klutz and I am not at all motivated to do them.

I really like the 30 Day Shred as a way to get in some short but intense cardio and resistance work. I would also HIGHLY recommend checking out the many, many FREE workout videos on http://bodyrock.tv .

I recommend this site to anyone who likes to do short but incredibly intense workouts that combine cardio and resistance. The workouts are all ones that can be done in a living room and many of them involve little or no equipment. I do those workouts about 4x/week and I run 3 times/week following the Couch to 5K program and this combo seems to be just right for me.
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    My favorite exercise DVD is definately Leslie Sansone. She offers different DVD's that target certain areas of the body. Before I bought one, I read the reviews via the Internet. I own 3 of them. The moves are not hard and she encourages you throughout the entire workout.

Her 5 day slim down offers you 5 different miles. Four of them are 14 minutes long with the final mile which she calls the speed walk only takes 12 minutes.

Her 5 mile fat burning walk DVD offers all speed miles which last 12 minutes with the last 2 minutes of each mile shows you how to walk like a runner. Leslie's enthusiasm is infectous as well as her energy. You can walk 5 miles and never leave your house.

Her 5 mile advanced walk challenges you to reach a whole new level of fitness. She uses four different routines and tools (such as weights and the firming band), you can burn more calories while having fun. It also includes a meal plan to kick-start weight loss. Time varies in this DVD depending on which mile you choose.

You also have the option to exercise with just the music. After a while, I got tried of hearing her talking all the time. I hope this helps.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options