How do you measure success?

Options
jonesin_am
jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
I choose to measure success by means of looking at the things I can do now that I couldn't do before. It's been a year since I took the steps to becoming a healthier and more fit version of myself. Little did I know that this time would be it for me. This time I would take on a new lifestyle...not just another "diet".

It's been a great year full of learning about myself, food, and fitness. Last April I stepped into the local school gym at 5am to a group of crazy people ready to get their workout on. I had no idea what an impact these people would make on me and how they would help to change my life forever. I got my *kitten* handed to me that day...and every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning since! One thing about this boot camp is that it never gets easier...there's always ways to keep pushing yourself.

Today during my weight training when it was time to do my push-ups I started thinking. It has been a year. A year ago I was barely able to do a girl push-up. Now, after boot camp and 3 weeks of NROL4W I am doing 4X12 of real pushups!!!! I'm not gonna lie...some of those aren't chest to ground...but I don't care!

So that got me thinking more. What can I do now that I couldn't do a year ago? I discovered that this list is not just limited to fitness. Yes I can do push-ups, bear crawl a lap around the gym without stopping, do 100 burpees...etc. But I now love to push myself out of my comfort zone. I can walk with my head held high. I can look in the mirror and respect the body staring back at me even though it's not my dream body YET. I can say that I am leading by example for my children. I feel more confident in large groups of people and don't try to find a quiet corner to hide in. I am more active...not just physically but socially. The list is endless and continues to grow everyday!

What can you do today that you couldn't a year ago?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!