What's the biggest thing you've done to improve your diet?

Options

Replies

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want, just eating less of it.
    This is what I do.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    No mcdonalds
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Cut out fast food except every now and them MCD Fries I loveee those things. Eating whole foods most of the the time 80 percent clean diet if not more.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Tea instead of coffee and plenty of fruit
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The easiest, most basic thing I've done is learned to shop the perimeter of the grocery store, and buying as many whole, fresh ingredients as possible. No convenience foods from boxes and cans.
  • Natalielp15
    Options
    Same as yours...I don't buy junk food anymore. It's difficult to stop after eating only one serving size of it, and it's better for the whole family.

Also, I eat the same things almost every day. Of course, I rotate some meals so I don't get bored, but it keeps the guesswork out of how many calories are in my meals, and they are meals I enjoy. I try to plan all of my meals out for the week and prep on Sundays. If we are dining out, I look at the restaurant menu ahead of time online if I can to get nutritional information.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Track, track, track. Log everything, no matter how small. And when I hit my number for the day, I don't eat any more. Best thing I've ever done.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to pick just one! I started by tracking (without actually changing anything). Found out I can't look at those numbers on a screen without changing things. :laugh: Gave up perfection (anything less = total failure) as the only way to do things. Started making tiny changes, more veggies here, less sodium there. Keep my deficit reasonable and eat anything I want, but not too much and not too often (=no need to binge). Put enough time and energy into diet/exercise to make things happen, instead of letting them happen (meal plan instead of takeout, crock pot instead of depending on feeling like cooking at dinner time).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i have added a bigger bottle of whiskey
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not buying the junk (cookies/ice cream, etc) so it's not even in the house to tempt me - and keeping a daily log of absolutely everything that I eat has helped quite a bit. I've also started enjoying a small Granny Smith apple every night (only 56 calories) - nice and sweet, with a bit of tartness - I never thought I could see it as a "dessert" - but it totally works. :)

I also cut out the coffee creamer, and find taking my coffee black isn't as difficult as I thought it might be! I ended up buying a small "frou frou" coffee the other morning while out and about with my daughter, and found I couldn't even finish it - it was far too sweet!
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tons and Tons of water. I have to go to the bathroom every five minutes.
  • donistenzel
    donistenzel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I havent had soda since January and I actually get headaches from any caffeine now, including chocolate. Makes me think twice about eating it!!! :) As a chocoholic, this makes me very happy!!!
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    never grocery shop when hungry is my best tip, no joke when im hungry i always buy crap and when im not im focused and can think clearly about the best choices :D

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^!!
  • lorax419
    lorax419 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Logging, drinking water, cut back soda, smaller portions when I eat and planning ahead for meals. Not sure which helps most.
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    Logging definitely. But also no more sweet drinks or sodas. I used to love sweetened teas to go with meals, but now all I drink is iced water. Also no more junk, no more cheese/cream food, halve my portions and no more midday snacks. :D
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My bike commute. Against the wind, up hills...it really burns those calories everyday!
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know I'll catch alot of flack for this but I quit dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt, everything. It was just the right thing for me and i'm LOVING it!!!!!!!
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    1. Only having healthy food in the house

2. Alcohol only once a week

3. Sport as often as possible even if its just a fast walk

4. Trying to drink as much water as possible

5. Only eat when I am hungry

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    - I stopped eating gluten.

- Logging

- I stopped eating dairy.

- Switched over to mostly organic.

- Stopped eating chemicals and anything that says "artificial" in the ingredients.

- Dropped my impact carbs to under 100 grams per day.

- Upped my healthy fats to 40% - 50% of daily caloric intake.

- I try to make sure every meal contains some sort of vegetable.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Eat my vegetables. Followed closely by moving and moving and moving more.