Get it out... then get positive!

Options
WARNING: This next paragraph is pure venting!
I feel as if after losing 18 pounds, I should feel like I have done something successful, and be proud, and feel great about myself... but right now I honestly DON'T! I want to for people to notice and tell me I look good... I want for my jeans to not feel so dang tight! When I started this back in January, I thought losing 20 pounds would get me to a point where I liked my body again.... because I did last time I was in this weight range. I was so pumped and excited when I lost 5 pounds... 10 pounds... even 15 pounds. But now I am coming up on 20 and I feel as if none of it mattered. I am leaving on a cruise to the Caribbean in 47 days, and I feel as if I am not going to be able to reach a point where I look good before then! WHY IS WEIGHT LOSS SO FRUSTRATING?

So now that I have vented, I am turning this around into a positive...
I have lost TWENTY pounds... That takes hard work a dedication. When people find out I'm dieting because I gained 20 pounds, most of them say they never realized that I had gained, and then they encourage me. My jeans are tight because I am back down to an 8. and most importantly, I CAN and WILL love my body at any size! And I am going to rock my bikini on that cruise because even though my body won't be perfect, I am going to show off my hard work! AND, I am going to meet my 20 pound goal before my April deadline (the 27th)

Anyone else need to vent?? I can't be the only one! But be sure to have some positives afterwards to keep yourself motivated!!!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I too occasionally experience this frustration. I've lost 20 pounds and like 10 inches. Dead freakin' silence from those around me. I keep doing it because I really want to lose the weight, but it is annoying.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I weighed 197 pounds when daughter and I got back from Loreto, Mexico, last September. My husband and I are going to Cancun this coming May, and the day after I got back from my trip last year, I started working intensely on my diet and exercise habits because I wanted to be height/weight proportionate by the time we went to Cancum (around 150 pounds). I had 8 months to accomplish this, so no sweat, right?

I lost 12 pounds by December when I joined MFP, and since then I have gained and lost the same damn 4 pounds on 1200 calories, 1320 calories, 1500 calories, and now whatever-I-want calories (not logged). Not every day was perfect in terms of calories or exercise, but I was doing the best I could, then I lost my mojo completely and my results haven't changed. How is that even possible!?

On the plus side, I went to Loreta with a 22W swimsuit and now have a size 18. I did manage to lose 18-22 pounds depending on where in the scale number bounce I am. And I'm logging again. Maybe I can take off another 5 pounds in the next 7.5 weeks. That would be so terrific!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I feel you. There are times I compare myself to others and feel just...well...less than what I think I should be. But then I remember what I am trying to do is be there person I have in my head, and that the feeling of accomplishment will come.

Cheers.
  • darcyrose_texas
    Options
    I too occasionally experience this frustration. I've lost 20 pounds and like 10 inches. Dead freakin' silence from those around me. I keep doing it because I really want to lose the weight, but it is annoying.

EXACTLY! I find it frustrating because I don't know if I haven't made progress or I'm around too catty of people to say anything!
    I weighed 197 pounds when daughter and I got back from Loreto, Mexico, last September. My husband and I are going to Cancun this coming May, and the day after I got back from my trip last year, I started working intensely on my diet and exercise habits because I wanted to be height/weight proportionate by the time we went to Cancum (around 150 pounds). I had 8 months to accomplish this, so no sweat, right?

I lost 12 pounds by December when I joined MFP, and since then I have gained and lost the same damn 4 pounds on 1200 calories, 1320 calories, 1500 calories, and now whatever-I-want calories (not logged). Not every day was perfect in terms of calories or exercise, but I was doing the best I could, then I lost my mojo completely and my results haven't changed. How is that even possible!?

On the plus side, I went to Loreta with a 22W swimsuit and now have a size 18. I did manage to lose 18-22 pounds depending on where in the scale number bounce I am. And I'm logging again. Maybe I can take off another 5 pounds in the next 7.5 weeks. That would be so terrific!

Good luck!!! You are doing great, so stay motivated! I have a little less than 7 weeks until I leave, and I am hoping to lose 8 pounds and ton up! I think you can reach your goal too!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oh wait; math error. I've lost between 8 and 12 pounds (197-185=12). I had an attack of stupid earlier.