Is 1200 calories not enough

Options
2»

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I would go back to the 1200 and eat all the exercise calories. Also, get some sort of tracker that syncs you can wear all the time to accurately track your burn.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    There's gotta be something else going on here...training for a marathon and netting 1,400 calories, you really should lose. It is possible that you increased your intake too quickly and your metabolism hasn't adjusted to them yet...it can take awhile for your metabolism to catch up to what you're doing. It also could be an error in your calories in/out...i.e. you're underestimating your intake and overestimating your burns.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would go back to the 1200 and eat all the exercise calories. Also, get some sort of tracker that syncs you can wear all the time to accurately track your burn.

This is what I was going to say. Also, if you feel like you are starving at 1200 calories, then it's time to change what you are eating. a TBS of butter is 100 calories, for that you could have a little over 3 cups of broccoli. If one person eats a TBS of butter and one eats the broccoli, the one who ate the broccoli will stay fuller longer, because our body feels satisfied based off of volume and not calories. If you are eating 1200 calories and still starving, you need to change what you are eating in order to feel fuller.