Are you a runner? Help me out! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my two cents: run a mile for a week, then run a mile and a half for a week, then run two miles for a week. In other words take baby steps to build up your distance

it's really tough to go from running 10 minutes to running for 60 minutes, you have to work up to it

SET GOALS!

BABY STEPS!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Another thing you should try is running outside. That way you can set your own speed. You'll slow down or speed up as you feel comfortable and it's much less boring. Keep in mind you need 12 weeks to train for your first half marathon. Make sure you give yourself enough time to train. Hal Higdon has some great training plans available on line for free.
  • HeatherNichole1978
    HeatherNichole1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I HATE running on a treadmill! It makes me feel like a hamster on a wheel, lol! If you can't speak in sentences while you are running, you are going TOO FAST! Slooooooow down. I agree with doing the interval programs like couch to 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon.
  • florulent
    florulent Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ah yes I would love to run outside, once the weather is nice enough! I tried running outside in the winter -- cannot handle cold sweats.