10 calories every 5 weeks? is it doable?

Options
so i'll be eating 1200 calories.

will be doing workouts 5 times a week, which burns about 270 calories (40 mins wii fit, 20 mins walking and 10 mins zumba wii)

anyone think i will lose my 10 calories every 5 weeks?

my weight now is: 168 pounds
going for 138 pounds by 17.7.2013 and then lose 5 pounds on the last five weeks, which will be 133 pounds by 21.8.2013 as thats my goal weight want to maintain that weight foreverrr :')

doable?

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the 5:2 but I think if you are doing it, you need to eat more than 1200 calories on the days you are not fasting (500 cals).

I don't have a clue what you are asking about 10 calories? Please explain.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    10 calories .... of what?
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think it as ment to say 10 pounds every 5 weeks....like in loose 10 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you are doing 5:2, you need to eat more than 1200 on the 5 days, that or your weekly net will be far too low.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but unless you plan on eating 1200 cals for the rest of your life, I would not do this.
    While losing weight is as simple as cals in, cals out.. our bodies are not always cooperative.

Please go to this link:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Fill everything out and set yourself as Moderate Activity, and lose fat at 20%
    Then scroll down and eat what it tells you that you need to reach your goal.
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I hav private messaged you , I eat at least maintence cals on non fast days ( sometimes more )
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You should stick to around your tdee on normal days, and its pretty tough to do the 2 fast days back to back.

The weight loss varies from person to person, so it's impossible to say whether you'd lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks or not. It's more a way of life eating, rather than a quick way to lose weight.
  • ksmyth555
    ksmyth555 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing this either but I've read that the 2 days are not supposed to be consecutive. 500 calorie days in a row is going to make you not be able to move very much. You need to split them up if you are going to do this.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a low weekly net calories. Just means you should be losing more weight. What matters most is if it is sustainable for you.
  • camperchick64
    camperchick64 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the book and am following the plan and yes if you are doing 5:2 - you need to eat more than 1200 calories on your non-fast days. If you do it the way you are talking about it is nothing more than a Low Calorie Diet which is not going to be sustainable. You should still get all your calories for the week - your just fasting two days to get the health benefits from fasting.

You should figure out what your TDEE is for maintenance. That is what you should be eating on your non-fast day.
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I also heard that you shouldn't do 500 calories on consecutive days. I would try to net (after exercise) 1200 for a few weeks and see how you feel. I also think if you are doing this you will have little margin for error and should be using kitchen scale, as well as a fitbit or bodymedia or something like that.

You seem very motivated and don't want to discourage you or anything, but read up about people who have trouble and can't lose weight because they are eating too few calories. Your body can go into starvation mode and you could end up working against your goal.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Not that this is going to matter, and there will several people ignoring what I type here, but apparently the OP posted another thread and ended up saying she wasn't going to being this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/947068-will-i-lose-10lbs-every-5-weeks