I'm doing well, but my husband is loosing too much!

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal since January and have done a great job planning meals and keeping track of food and exercise. Dinners have been mostly light and nutritious. I've lost 3/4 of my goal weight and am feeling wonderful. But . . .

My already thin husband has been loosing weight too! He's dropped from 165 down to 145. I read a lot about women's health, but don't know what I should be adding to his meals to help. I don't want him to use junkfood to fill in the calorie gaps.

Any men's health advice?

Replies

• Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Try getting him to take whey protein but not to exercise after taking it like your supposed to. my mom's FI gained like 30lbs because he would do that because he thought they whey would automatically give him muscles.lmafo. He is such a moron lol
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    increase complex carbohydrates and protein and good fat. Lean meats, nuts and nut butters, whole grains.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Also just giving him slightly larger portions than you give yourself could add several hundred calories over the course of the day.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Just like you use MFP to lose weight. Use MFP to make sure your husband is eating enough, and to make sure your nutrients are balanced properly.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    If your cooking nutritious food already, just make sure he has bigger helpings. (you have 1 serving, he has 1.5 servings).
    He could also use more protein.
  • babar335
    babar335 Posts: 1
    Options
    You could be the coolest wife ever and recommend that he drink more beer! Just kidding =)

Why don't you set him up his own fitness pal page and track his calories as well. You can then help him get his needed calories throughout the day and increase his portions for famliy meals. If neither of you know how many calories he should be eating to maintain his target weight, it would be impossible to plan accuratly.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    If he's eating a well balanced meal ( approx 30%fat, 30%protein, 40%carbs) then adding healthy fats will increase or stabilize his weight. Almonds, avocado, olive oil, nuts.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    lol.. it happened to my fiance too.. He went from 160 to 145 pounds.. I think it's hot!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    There are things you can add to get some higher calorie without all the non-nutritious rubbish e.g. nuts, avocado etc but this will never be as healthy as getting the portion sizes right. If your meals are well-balanced and you increase his portions of each section then you should both be eating a well-balanced diet and meeting your requirements. Be careful though if you are consciously cutting back carbs, fat or anything else that maybe this is something he could add. Even small things like having some extra wholegrain bread with meals can help.

Hope this helps