Help! No $ to buy new clothes!

Options
13»

Replies

• mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores or ebay like others have said. Recently I got some jeans and workout pants at thrift stores and then I ordered the exact same ones(because I knew they would fit) on ebay. It seems easier to find work shirts at thrift stores than pants. Most of the pants I try on don't fit right(wrong style or I need a size below or above) or they are too wore out. Occasionally I get lucky though.
  • z149189
    z149189 Posts: 57
    Options
    Wow, awesome ideas everyone! Thanks for all of the support and suggestions, I will give them a try!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores! There's all kinds of great stuff to be had...very cheap!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out your local thrift stores, church run thrift stores, & the upcoming yard/garage sales. Some thrift stores run weekly specials by either having a 50% off sale or a certain color is on sale. I bought around six bags of clothes one day when a thrift store ran a special that anything under six dollars was only a $1.25.

You could also check Freecycle and see if anyone has any clothes they want to give away for nothing.

You could check www.thethriftshopper.com & see if your area has any local thrift stores. This site usually only lists charity/non-consignment stores.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sewing is really not that hard, especially if all you want to do is pinch in some pants at the waist or make a shirt a bit smaller. but, you could always ask a friend who can sew to do it or to help you?

otherwise, second hand/thrift stores. Just yesterday I bought a super cute skirt (which looked brand new!), a belt and some awesome pants all for 7 dollars :) The thing I love about thrift stores is that you can get basically anything for dirt cheap (even some things that still have the tags) AND I don't feel bad that I'm being a consumer, because I'm technically not since it used to be someone elses.
    There's also stores like Target, TJ MAXX and others that have nice clothes for cheap, but not as cheap as you'd find at thrift stores of course
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    visit you local thrift shops like salvation army you wont feel bad about recycling your finds as you get smaller and smaller.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Go all Macklemore on it.

(ya, thrift shop)

I'm going to pop some tags