What happened?!!

Options
Well i seriously need some motivation! I don't know whats wrong with me. I've dropped off for the past um i don't know....like 5 months, and I gotta get it together! I was doing it, exercising everyday, counting calories, and I had lost almost 10lbs in a month. Now I procrastinate at all cost! Im near losing all that I had worked so hard for. I keep telling myself oh I'll start Monday, and then Monday comes and I just never get around to it. I know partially it was that I had a goal to start with, I was in a wedding in November, in Cancun. So it was the perfect pushing point..beach..bikini...and bridesmaid dress. Then that was over, and the holidays hit....boo. Horrible on a diet. So now, here I am again, the same point I was just last year. Its so frustrating. I know i can do it, so why do I want to? Help!

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Do it for that beautiful little boy in your arms.
  • Pam165
    Pam165 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe some diet fatigue. It happens. Instead of telling yourself you'll restart Monday, tell yourself at noon that you restarted TODAY! And don't beat yourself up too bad for falling off the wagon. Just get back on, until you fall off again, then back on. It sort turns into a lifestyle that way.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you have to really want it again.
    then the pieces will fall back into place.

best of luck!
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Amen to this.
  • kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

This brought a tear to my eye instantly. You are completely right, all the motivation I need is right here. Thanks!
  • Libraryluo
    Libraryluo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I'll have a goal in mind, and will be all motivated until that time (or holiday) then I tend to lose sight of it. Try coming up with another goal - by an outfit that's too small that you love and hang it where you can see it all the time, or plan a vacation where you want to look great! Either way, remember everyday you wake up is another chance to start over! You can do it!
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Stop dieting and make lifelong changes!
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. But you have to want to. And I'm sure you do, deep down.
    I wish you all the best!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Do it for you, do it for your family. One suggestion though. Stop thinking of this as a diet. Its suppose to be a lifestyle. Don't think of working out as punishment. Find something that is fun and that will keep your interest. Something that will keep you coming back for more. If you get tired of the same ol same ol then switch it up every few months. That's what I do. Good luck to you!
  • kgprncss01
    Options

This brought a tear to my eye instantly. You are completely right, all the motivation I need is right here. Thanks!

Actually I have two of them, beautiful little boys, I am blessed. But as all moms do, I put them in front of myself, always. Which means neglecting the things I need to do for myself. Its hard to find that perfect balance.
  • ninaotto
    ninaotto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, you sound just like me! im in the uk and iv comfort ate because of the rubbish weather. i definately suffer seasonal affective disorder!! but since saturday iv started using my fitness pal and exercising although im not a lover! and i feel the motivation is coming back! also hopefully the weather will improve which will lift my mood! its a vicious circle of eating because your fed up etc etc that you have to break. i know exactly what you mean! having this app on my phones keeping me in control! i just hope i see results when i weigh myself on saturday! just after christmas i lost a stone but put most of it back on! crazy but its all or nothing with me, being good or very bad! you can do it :-) x
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    That's the difference between a diet and a lifestyle change. One is permanent and one is temporary. If you go in this thinking "I'm on a diet", heck no....nobody likes dieting. You'll procrastinate, fall off the wagon, and end up here time and time again.

If you set your calories at a reasonable level where you can enjoy all the foods you love in moderation and STILL lose weight... Well, that doesn't seem so bad, does it? Change your frame of mind, and the rest will follow. Be kind to yourself if you have an "off day" when you eat too much. Take the high calorie hit, get UP and move on. That's life!

Work on making those changes you can easily live with. The ones that require little or no thought involved, and are at least a smidge healthier from what you are currently doing. Those little accumulated changes are what make a lifestyle change.

Just look around you, and do a mental "audit" of your life. What areas can you tweak and alter without feeling deprived? Start there. Every so often, you gotta edit your life. Throw away the things you no longer need, clean up the things that are affecting your mood, and putting more stock in the things that make you happy. Edit your life, your food, and your mental state. Don't be your worst critic. Be your own advocate.
  • kgprncss01
    Options
    hi, you sound just like me! im in the uk and iv comfort ate because of the rubbish weather. i definately suffer seasonal affective disorder!! but since saturday iv started using my fitness pal and exercising although im not a lover! and i feel the motivation is coming back! also hopefully the weather will improve which will lift my mood! its a vicious circle of eating because your fed up etc etc that you have to break. i know exactly what you mean! having this app on my phones keeping me in control! i just hope i see results when i weigh myself on saturday! just after christmas i lost a stone but put most of it back on! crazy but its all or nothing with me, being good or very bad! you can do it :-) x

Maybe thats what i have. I always call myself a momma bear, because in the winter all i want to do is curl up...and eat!! LOL! Its so hard to get out of that habit. I keep telling myself, oh as soon as it warms up i will start walking again. But i feel that is mostly just an excuse.
  • verod1008
    verod1008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It happens... It happened to me so many times until I found something I really love now.. Spin Class!!! You have to find something that keeps you motivated and interested. Just get back on the wagon and explore your different options. Once my husband and I got back from our anniversary trip in Cancun I thought I wasn't going to be motivated anymore but I kept going and now we're actually going to a trainer and taking spin classes together. :) One more thing, set small goals at a time. Good luck.
  • kgprncss01
    Options
    ok really the craziest thing just happened. I went into the living room where my kids are at, after my last post. And I did a funny little dance in front of the boys. My oldest says, mom are you going to excersice? I guess thats a sign! LOL! I never had told them that I was just making these posts. Well, I guess I'm climbing back on that wagon!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've started and failed so many times I see it as laughable....except I've been obese for years and it's not so good for overall health.
    I had to get my mind in order and then re-order it frequently. It's fine to have a push to lose for a special occassion but what it meant for me was...oh, now that's over...and with a great deal of relief, return to my old eating pattern which could included the occasional super binge.

I think you have to find a good reason to do the work it takes to shed excess fat and keep it off. And it has to be YOUR reason. Then you have to start somewhere and keep making changes toward health. Expect to have stumbles along the way and know the best time to start over is right now.

I used to think if I couldn't make a complete change and stick with it 100% ( an unattainable goal), I was a failure and would give up all efforts. That was totally self-defeating. No more unrealistic expectations. Any progress forward over time is all I look for. Sometimes that progress is improved nutrition. Sometimes it's improved fitness. Sometimes it's a lower number on the scale or a smaller number on the tape measure. Just START somewhere and it will blossom into more.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I was the same as you till last week when I stopped thinking about doing it and actually got off my fat *kitten* and did it. My advice to you is to just do one day of eating well and adding in some exercise...it will remind you how good it feels to be in control and you will get the bug to carry on...one day at a time, start every day afresh with a clear plan of what exercise you need to do and sort your meals out for the day first thing. Things can and do go wrong but it's how you deal with the situation that counts, don't just problems as excuses....and most importantly DON'T QUIT!

A journey of a thousand miles always begins with just a single step
    :smile:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You're an 'event dieter'...last year it was the wedding, the year prior it was your school reunion. Your weight at this point appears to be more of an inconvenience than a health and wellness issue. If you don't want to get to the point that it does happen (and chances are very good that it will), you will embrace a healthy eating/exercise lifestyle. Even if you have to 'fake it' for now to set a good example for your children, do it until you do it for your own health, happiness and long life. Failing that, just make sure you pack your calendar with social events requiring bathing suits, slinky dresses or guest lists of folks you're hoping to impress.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you have the answer to your motivation right in your profile "no matter what sweat everyday" that was actually inspiring and motivational to me just read what you wrote in your profile and if you fall off the wagon again or it gets repetitive reading it then update it. you already have the motivation inside you, you just need to find it again! Good luck :flowerforyou: