5 day crash... Myth or true?

Options
To cut a long story short yesterday I went to the cinema and to dinner with some friends and during the film I went from being 100% fine to being shakey and burning up like mad. I didn't eat my dinner and I felt just awful.

I get home after all this and chat to my flatmate, she tells me that it's probably just a '5 day crash' and I'd be fine tomorrow (today) when I asked what she meant she said that when you change you diet after 5 days you have a bit of a crash because of all the changes and that it should only last 24 hours and then you'll be fine.

It is a day later and I do feel 'better' (though still a bit ropey).

I'd never heard of a 5 day cash before (and this was on the 7th day of my diet) so I was wondering if what she said is true? Has anyone else experienced one of these and is it common?

Replies

• youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that..but it sounds to me like your blood sugar level dropped..my husband has trouble with this and if you feel like that again what you need to do is get something high in protein and eat it.. Dr. told him not to use sugar items to bring it back up cause it can bottom out again..so use protein to bring it up slow..hope this helps!

also he carrys things like peanut butter crackers, beef jerky sticks, protein bars, try to use things like that..
  • Felixanvk
    Felixanvk Posts: 69
    Options
    Interesting!
    My husband and I completly changed our diet and we added 70% of exercise in our rutines.
    My husband "colapsed" since Sunday - I started on Monday... no energy and with just not desire to continue
    I should said that my husband has a cold and I blame the cold of his lack of energy. But when I felt the same I don't have anything to blame about till now...
    The 5 day crash... I think is pretty true!
    Have a good one:wink:
  • Felixanvk
    Felixanvk Posts: 69
    Options
    I have never heard of that..but it sounds to me like your blood sugar level dropped..my husband has trouble with this and if you feel like that again what you need to do is get something high in protein and eat it.. Dr. told him not to use sugar items to bring it back up cause it can bottom out again..so use protein to bring it up slow..hope this helps!

also he carrys things like peanut butter crackers, beef jerky sticks, protein bars, try to use things like that..

I made the mistake to eat sugar in different types of carbs... wrong!
    I crabe more carbs (bad ones) and after an hour or two, I was in the same position than before...
    Very tired!