waiting for midnight

Hi guys
Im not really sure where to post this...
Does anyone else spend the last couple of hours of the day just waiting for midnight to come, just so they can start over ? Or eat without going over their goals?
It is driving me insane....
I just sit there clock watching (im trying to distract with TV , facebook and MFP) and each minute seems like an hour..
Please dont tell me i should just go to sleep ...

Charlie-elizabeth

Replies

• Ready4Change005
    Ready4Change005 Posts: 20 Member
    What about trying to drink more water? I know that if I drink water, it tends to make me feel full. Or what about some fruits or veggies, they are usually low in calories and are healthy calories?
    Just a few suggestions that work for me. I know you aren't trying to go over your calories but at least if you eat some fruit it is healthy and not something unhealthy. But I hardly am up till midnight so I can't really help ya with your question but I know some times I do go to bed hungry waiting for the next day to eat breakfast.

Sorry I know its not really what you were asking but just some suggestions.
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    I'm also often not up at midnight, but you could always take 20 minutes and do 30DS or some other exercise tape- not only will it occupy your time, but you'll get to eat at the end of it, too! Other than that, cucumbers, carrots, celery...all are satisfyingly crunchy like chips, but almost calorie free
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    I know what this is going to sound like before i even post it...like im making excuses but anyway...
    I cant really exercise as i live in a shared house above peoples rooms and share a wall with someone too ...and its 2am.
    Plus the main thing is i dont actually get hungry until about 2am (have just had breakfast lol) but from like half ten onwards im just obsessed by the time, just for the night to be over.
    Im talking to alot of people online which is keeping me busy to an extent but i keep glancing back at the clock and thinking ffs is that it.
    Someone said to me that it could be anxiety...im not sure if thats true or not....
    Its as if once i reach midnight and am within goal range everything is OK again...until the next day when it all starts over.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Hi guys
    Does anyone else spend the last couple of hours of the day just waiting for midnight to come, just so they can start over ? Or eat without going over their goals?
    I just sit there clock watching (im trying to distract with TV , facebook and MFP) and each minute seems like an hour..

Charlie-elizabeth

...... No, because I go to bed instead.
  • jonnythan
    I know what this is going to sound like before i even post it...like im making excuses but anyway...
    I cant really exercise as i live in a shared house above peoples rooms and share a wall with someone too ...and its 2am.
    Plus the main thing is i dont actually get hungry until about 2am (have just had breakfast lol) but from like half ten onwards im just obsessed by the time, just for the night to be over.
    Im talking to alot of people online which is keeping me busy to an extent but i keep glancing back at the clock and thinking ffs is that it.
    Someone said to me that it could be anxiety...im not sure if thats true or not....
    Its as if once i reach midnight and am within goal range everything is OK again...until the next day when it all starts over.

Plan ahead to allow some calories for later.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Do you work 9-5 hours? Try to get into a regular routine which will hopefully allow you to sleep 'normal' hours. You really should be asleep by the time midnight rolls around.
  • charliemarie923
    Even if i went to bed earlier...say half ten every night....then id just have the same problem, except it would be starting from 9pm until i went to bed and could complete my diary.
    And i always have calories left over ....as i said i dont need to eat until around 2am, which is a new set of daily goals by then so feels OK.
    I just wondered if anyone else felt the same, not so much wanting suggestions...just feel a little lonely and pre-occupied with it all at the moment.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    charlie xx
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Hi guys

Charlie-elizabeth

Yes, i used to wait until 12am when i initially strted out but not anymore since i head to bed by 11pm, just so that i can get plenty of rest before u report to work the next day.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Even if i went to bed earlier...say half ten every night....then id just have the same problem, except it would be starting from 9pm until i went to bed and could complete my diary.
    And i always have calories left over ....as i said i dont need to eat until around 2am, which is a new set of daily goals by then so feels OK.
    I just wondered if anyone else felt the same, not so much wanting suggestions...just feel a little lonely and pre-occupied with it all at the moment.
    charlie xx

When do you sleep? If breakfast is 2am, and you are still awake at midnight, do you only sleep for an hour?
  • charliemarie923
    charlie xx

When do you sleep? If breakfast is 2am, and you are still awake at midnight, do you only sleep for an hour?

No, youre going from 2am to midnight , Im going from midnight to 2am. I usually go to sleep about 7am get up after around 6 hours, unless i have college or an appointment and then i wont go to bed at all. Its 5am now ...
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Do you work nights as well, or is that more of an inclination? I'm a night person too (no judgement), but even in people like us, our hormones do better when we're closer to regular day/night patterns. That has a big impact on how bodies handle stress and weight loss.

But even though I'm up late, I just count the whole time I'm awake as one logging 'day', end it when I sleep, and start at 0 when I wake.

Maybe your calorie goal is too low, and you're just hungry. Lots of people set their goal at 10-20% less than their maintenance values, and lose weight consistently without feeling deprived.
  • mtc5995
    mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
    I stay up late every night, but i never start the day over til i go to bed and wake up tomorrow. You might wanna try sf jello. You could also get lost in a good book - read til you drift off. Just a thought.

Becky
  • grapegorilla13
    grapegorilla13 Posts: 32 Member
    When my sleep pattern gets messed up I do crave to eat. Also, maybe your calorie goal is too low.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Hi guys

Charlie-elizabeth

me too:)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I plan my food the day before and dream about it when I go to bed! When I wake up the first thing I think of is FOOD! I'm certain I am obsessed!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    your day doesn't have to go from midnight to midnight. Because of my schedule, I used to do 5am to 5am. Now I'm on a more normal sleep schedule, and sometimes, If I have a lot calories left over from the day before, i log a morning snack as last night's snack (with a note in the notes section). Sometimes, if I have already hit my caloric goal, and I really want something, I just log it as tomorrow's snack. As long as it all gets in there, and averages out in the end, it doesn't really matter.

I know this doesn't work for everyone, and some people like a super accurate account of what goes in at what hour in order to look at patterns and trends, but if you don't have those issues, then it will work itself out.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    You are just borrowing calories from the next day. I don't understand why even wait until midnight, it's still counter productive.

Pick a time that your first meal starts. Such as 7am, breakfast. Anything you eat before then is still the previous day. No point in disrupting your sleep, if you cheat, you are only cheating yourself.
  • charliemarie923
    You are just borrowing calories from the next day. I don't understand why even wait until midnight, it's still counter productive.

Pick a time that your first meal starts. Such as 7am, breakfast. Anything you eat before then is still the previous day. No point in disrupting your sleep, if you cheat, you are only cheating yourself.

What are you on about? did you read the post? i am not cheating or disrupting my sleep.
    And this post isnt even about that, its about obsession.
    And as long as you do ever log in 24hours it doesnt matter at all...
  • jonnythan

What are you on about? did you read the post? i am not cheating or disrupting my sleep.

I think that thinking anything "resets" after midnight is silly. The only thing that resets is the MFP counter.

IMO you should log stuff "after midnight" as belonging to the previous day. Start the following day after you actually sleep.
  • charliemarie923

I think that thinking anything "resets" after midnight is silly. The only thing that resets is the MFP counter.

IMO you should log stuff "after midnight" as belonging to the previous day. Start the following day after you actually sleep.

someone else has already said this, and i said i would still have the same issue just at a different time of the day... and like i also said i was looking for someone who felt the same obsession as me, just waiting for the day to end, whatever time that may be. And you may think im silly, but thats your opinion.