Question for the ladies

Options
Hey all, I'm new to the site, been using the app for about a month now, but first time posting. Ok, for my question, I know that "that time of the month" you do have water weight, but does it add inches to your waist measurements as well? My last measure was last week and at that point I had lost 2 inches from the time before. I don't know how often your supposed to do the measurements (I weigh in once a week) but when I measured today I had gained an inch back in my waist. I haven't been cheating, and still been exercising as normal. That time of the month is so aggravating to me because of the water weight but only recently started doing the measurements. Thank you all!!

Replies

• iputtheawinlawl
    iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you feel bloated?
    I know around that time I normally feel bloated, it seems like my body retains all the water I put in and normally comfortable jeans are tight. I haven't been measuring, but I can say with almost certainty that if you experience the same symptoms, chances are it added a little to your measurements.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You retain water during your cycle and that water has to go somewhere. Muscle loves to hold onto water so it's possible it can affect your inches. You should only be measuring yourself once to twice a month and take progress pics too (once a month). The scale is not an accurate reflection of the changes taking place in your body.
  • TinaLRoman
    TinaLRoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It varies from woman to woman, but for me the bloating adds water weight as well as inches, especially around my waist. I notice at least 1" - 2" off of normal. Keep tracking and after a few months you'll start to notice what the trend is for you. I weigh and measure shoulders, waist and hips weekly.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a little. At most, maybe a pound or so. I don't worry too much about it. If I've actually lost weight, then it will register when it's all over. :smile:
  • sharonjean07
    Options
    Thank you all!! I haven't taken pics yet but I should do that. About 2 years ago I weighed 227 and lost down to about 170, I had kept it off till this past winter and gained back up to 179 and told myself that was it. So about a month ago I decided I am officially back to getting to my goal of 140-145. I am down to 170 again. Last time this was my rut, could not get below 170 I was getting bored and I gave up. Not going to do that this time, I want to be healthier and would love to see that scale go below 170 lol. Thank you all again :)