Getting out of bed to get to the gym.

I changed my hours at work just so I could get to the gym in the morning before work. I don't have to be in til noon. This has been my schedule for 3 weeks now. Have I gone to the gym? NOPE! I wake up at 7am and then drift in and out of sleep until about 10am when I have to get up to get ready. What the heck is wrong with me? I just need to get my *kitten* out of bed, to just do it. But bed is so very comfortable and the mornings are so very cold.

Every single night I get my gym clothes ready, I plan out the classes I'm going to take, I am fully prepared. Morning comes and all motivation to leave the bed is gone, as if it were never there in the first place.

I know how much better I feel when I work out and I really do enjoy the classes I take. I know I will never get to my goal if my lazy butt does not get out of bed. Just throwing myself a pity party over here

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Put your alarm clock in another room. This way you have to get up to turn it off.
    Once you're up you might as well get dressed and go to the gym!
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    I love my bed and hate getting out of it in morning. I'm not a morning person either. I started exercising in afternoons but it would be easier for my schedule to do it in mornings. I'm battling with this issue too
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    I sleep in a sports bra & tee shirt I'll work out in the next day with tennis shoes, socks, and shorts near the bed to slide into as soon as I roll out, this is a huge help for me to get it done first thing in the morning, before my shower so I won't have to shower again later.

Having 4 cats who like to fight under the bed in the early am hours tends to help me not to dawdle either...want a cat? I've got some extras! LOL ;-)